Final Design "minimalistica" Bulk Fillers

fountainbel

Hello Fountain pen Friends,

Below some pictures of the "final" design of the "Minimalistica" and the "Minimalistica +" prototype Bulk fillers, just finished in my shop.
Our sincere thanks for the valued input we received from friendly members on various Fountain pen fora !
Reacting on this input the pen was slightly enlarged, and now features approximately the size of a Montblanc 146 or Pelikan 800.
As stated earlier, the cap, barrel, filling knob and cap are made from brushed black delrin (POM)
This material features a very soft touch - ensuring a perfect grip - and is nearly indestructible.
Given the gripping diameter of the barrel is approximately 12mm, the pen feels ergonomically comfortable both for smaller end bigger hands.
Note the brushed titanium clip and rings will also become obtainable with a black wear resisting hard coating.
This would make it a perfect "Stealth Minimalistica " or "Minimalistica +" !
Note that both the "Minimalistica" and "Minimalistica +" will be available in "streamline and" flat top "version.
For reasons the aesthetic symmetry we installed a titanium ring between the filling knob and the barrel on the " Minimalistica+"
For the same reason we installed a titanium ring between be cap top and the cap on the" Minimalisttica "
Logically we have to standardize to keep the price reasonable.
The advantage of standardization - to a "modular" system - being that it will remain possible to rebuild a "Minimalistica" to a "Minimalistca +" - and vice versa - any time.
This is the reason why the logo will always be on cap top on all versions.
The first series of Minimalistica's will be ready at Conid by the end of January 2015 .
Conid's goal was a price around 300 Euros - for the "Minimalistica" with steel nib - but final prices will be revealed by the end of January 2015.
Prices for the demonstrator versions will be higher, so It is not yet decided if the demonstrator versions will be launched.
Same counts for the special clip I've shown on the demonstrator, possibly we will offer this clip at extra cost.
Final technical spec's :
Capped length : SL= 142 mm ; FT = 136 mm
Posted length : SL=160 mm; FT= 158 mm
Uncapped : SL=128 mm ; FT= 125 mm ( dimension point nib/ top filling knob)
Largest cap diameter : 15,3 mm
Largest barrel diameter : 14 mm
Ink intake : 2,5 ml
Nib unit : Bock size 6 screw-in
Filled weight : 30 grams
As always you comments and thoughts and critique are most welcome !
Francis
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/Fountainbel%20Bulk%20filler/P1000807.jpg[/url]

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• Cryptos

• RMN

• mongrelnomad

pics?:):):)

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived. I have three, but hardly ever use them. After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

gorgeous!

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived. I have three, but hardly ever use them. After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

Lovely, Francis, as always. Some day I hope to be able to afford one of your pens but unless I win the lottery I fear I will have to admire and enjoy your pens from afar. Thank you for providing such great fantasy material!

Edited by Brian K

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

What is the difference between the Minimalistica and the + versions?

Minimalistica : without clip

Minimalistica + : with clip

Francis

Minimalistica : without clip

Minimalistica + : with clip

Francis

I believed the photos of the minimalista of the minimalist+ but taken from behind.

Really nice design.

How secure is the slip cap?

Note the cap holds the barrel using an O ring sitting in an internal groove in the cap.

The system was intensively tested for 5 months now and works perfectly.

You can see pictures of this set-up in my previous post on the "Minimalistica demonstrator prototype", there the cap is transparent

In the worst case - and in the long run - the standard O ring could easily be replaced

Francis

Lovely seamless shape, very well done indeed.

Francis, is the cap click fit or is it a push fit? Is there a parker 45 type clutch mechanism inside cap to hold barrel?

Thanks!

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Lovely seamless shape, very well done indeed.

Francis, is the cap click fit or is it a push fit? Is there a parker 45 type clutch mechanism inside cap to hold barrel?

Thanks!

Hari

Thanks Hari !

Its a push fit over an O ring in an internal groove in the cap .

Please see the demonstrator pictures :

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/279765-minimalistica-demonstrator-bulk-filler-prototype/

Francis

A beautifully refined design - partial to the flat top myself. The design restraint, detailing and finish really hit the mark for me. Very well done.

Lovely, Francis, as always. Some day I hope to be able to afford one of your pens but unless I win the lottery I fear I will have to admire and enjoy your pens from afar. Thank you for providing such great fantasy material!

Thanks Brian

Hope you will the lottery soon !

Francis

Francis, will you be building a demo-barrelled version of this (preferably with a delrin/ebonite cap)? I could definitely find a home for one of those...

Too many pens; too little writing.

Francis, will you be building a demo-barrelled version of this (preferably with a delrin/ebonite cap)? I could definitely find a home for one of those...

I expect a black Delrin (POM) cap will be possible, at least when there is enough interest for the demonstrator !

Francis

I expect a black Delrin (POM) cap will be possible, at least when there is enough interest for the demonstrator !

Francis

Well, you can count there being at least one interested party!

Too many pens; too little writing.

Well, you can count there being at least one interested party!

Hi mongrelnomad !

Good news : After discussing the matter with CONID, it looks the Minimalistica demonstrator with black Delrin cap will go in production.

Final prices will be revealed within a few weeks.

Francis