No Purple Safari Yet & Neon For 2015

Aytoun

Hi,

I'm new here, but I thought people might be interested in the reply I got from Lamy today, which reads as follows;-

Thank you very much for your recent e-mail regarding LAMY safari in colors.
Guess what, we have several LAMY safari in purple as prototypes here. Unfortunately our marketing has yet not decided to launch one.
Keep your fingers crossed for that day.
Next year is going to be neon again.
Keep an eye on a company called "Line" in South Korea. They are going to launch a special edition of the LAMY safari for there own purposes beginning next year.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

C. Josef Lamy GmbH

ppa.

Marco Achenbach
Leiter Produktmanagement/Entwicklung

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wheatflower

• Matlock

• LamyOne

• Aytoun

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Next year is going to be neon again.

Keep an eye on a company called "Line" in South Korea. They are going to launch a special edition of the LAMY safari for there own purposes beginning next year.

Hello Everyone,

I wonder if this is an insidiously clever way of saying that Lamy production is moving from Germany to South Korea?

And why Neon again? (Perhaps they can't be bothered with developing a new limited edition color while they are in the process of moving their manufacturing facilities?) I hope I'm wrong. :( (I know they did repeat the Apple Green color, too, but not in the same way as it is implied here).

Perhaps I'm reading more into this than I should... I hope so. :unsure:

Best regards,

Chris

PS: BTW, welcome to FPN, Aytoun! :) :W2FPN:

Edited by LamyOne

- He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me; and I in him. (JN 6:57)

- "A woman clothed in the sun," (REV 12.1); The Sun Danced at Fatima, Portugal; October 13, 1917.

- Thank you Blessed Mother and St. Jude for Graces and Blessings obtained from Our Lord.

Looks like Line is a Social Networking company:-

Line began in 2011 as the brainchild of engineers at NHN Japan, the Japanese arm of Naver Corporation (formerly NHN) based in South Korea. Today the popular messaging service is operated by Line Corporation, a spinoff company headquartered in Japan, which still remains a subsidiary of Naver.[9]

Peter

I wonder if this is an insidiously clever way of saying that Lamy production is moving from Germany to South Korea. :

I think it's more likely an insidiously clever way of saying that Line has commissioned a special edition of the pen and any collector should be ready to hunt for it.

Fountain Pens: Still cheaper than playing Warhammer 40K

I think it's more likely an insidiously clever way of saying that Line has commissioned a special edition of the pen and any collector should be ready to hunt for it.

Yep. I bet that is it. Funny b/c while Lamy is ubiquitous here it is also hideously expensive. Want to pay $320 for a Lamy 2k? That's what they cost in the Book stores (you can get it cheaper on gmarket etc)

Line sux. I hope it won't have their boring logo on it.

Ther color is usually pretty close to the Apple Green so I am not sure what is going to be special about it.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

Looks like Line is a Social Networking company:-

Line began in 2011 as the brainchild of engineers at NHN Japan, the Japanese arm of Naver Corporation (formerly NHN) based in South Korea. Today the popular messaging service is operated by Line Corporation, a spinoff company headquartered in Japan, which still remains a subsidiary of Naver.[9]

Hello All,

Thanks for these cogent words of wisdom - I feel very much relieved now. :)

You'll have to excuse me, I'm an American, so I'm quite paranoid about "industrial flight," it has ravaged my country and after so many years of thousands of companies flocking overseas, I have become one of those "between the lines" readers whenever a company makes any kind of press release mentioning production in a foreign country. :D

Best regards,

Chris

Edited by LamyOne

- He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me; and I in him. (JN 6:57)

- "A woman clothed in the sun," (REV 12.1); The Sun Danced at Fatima, Portugal; October 13, 1917.

- Thank you Blessed Mother and St. Jude for Graces and Blessings obtained from Our Lord.

Hello All,

You'll have to excuse me, I'm an American, so I'm quite paranoid about "industrial flight," it has ravaged my country and after so many years of thousands of companies flocking overseas, I have become one of those "between the lines" readers whenever a company makes any kind of press release mentioning production in a foreign country. :D

Best regards,

Chris

Not just USA. We in the UK are quite good at "industrial flight".

Peter

The 2015 Safari will be neon green.

This is good, then I won't be tempted to buy it.

Fountain Pens: Still cheaper than playing Warhammer 40K

I might buy neon green, although I didn't like (or buy) either the neon coral or the neon yellow. I still want purple though, neon or not.

Aytoun

I might buy neon green, although I didn't like (or buy) either the neon coral or the neon yellow. I still want purple though, neon or not.

Aytoun

+1. Probably not neon purple, but I'd reserve judgement until I saw it. But please, purple!! It's time.

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

Please Savanna green again!!!!! no more neon!

Ah, I had a pal in the early 80's with the darkgreen safari (same texture as the current charcoal) and I thought it was daft at the time. He then switched to a sheaffer with a gold nib, but that was not an improvement: it leaked as hell. If Lamy would reissue the green one I would buy several immediately.

Back in the 80's a friend of mine had a camouflage Lamy Safari with the same texture as the charcoal. I would love to see it again and I would buy a couple.

A purple would be really nice or a midnight blue or turquoise or a forest green. Too soon for another neon. Perhaps a neon orange for my PE Mandarin ink in the future...