Help! I Dropped My Levenger Nib Down The Drain!

Bloch

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloch

• TXKat

• BillZ

• PaperDarts

most of those small flexible claws are (bleep) and won't pick up anything. most sink traps have a cleanout plug. if yours has one i would try that first. if it got past you can always don a pr of rubber gloves and check the house trap.

You can try the small flexible claw device shown in MSG 11 above - it will probably be an aggravating blind hunt but might work. Best thing to do is take off the u-bend.

I did try that, with no success. I think the nib had already gone past the u-bend by then. I realized later, when I thought about it again, that the water was still running when I lost it, so it was likely a done deal from the beginning.

most of those small flexible claws are (bleep) and won't pick up anything. most sink traps have a cleanout plug. if yours has one i would try that first. if it got past you can always don a pr of rubber gloves and check the house trap.

That's a thought, thanks.

Kind of Levengers to offer help.

I know! They really are nice folks. And it's kind of all of you to offer suggestions, too! Thanks so much, everybody. Even if it's an unfruitful quest, I really appreciate the energy you're all putting into this to help me solve it. Thanks. What a great bunch of folks!

Question Reality

Kind of Levengers to offer help.

I thought so to. In fact, looking at the forum ID, they may have registered on here in order to post that reply. Good for them.

I thought so to. In fact, looking at the forum ID, they may have registered on here in order to post that reply. Good for them.

Oh, gosh, you're right! That really touches my heart, it really does. Awww, now I'm getting a bit teary. I thought it was sweet before, but now I'm sort of just... well... awwwww,... :wub:

Question Reality

If you bought the pen from Levenger, call customer service. You are allowed one replacement nib for a pen. :)

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

If you bought the pen from Levenger, call customer service. You are allowed one replacement nib for a pen. :)

What, even if it's not defective, but lost due to my own stupidity?

Question Reality

Tell them it slipped out while cleaning, but yes. I've damaged nibs, collars while changing and they replaced as long as they had a record of the purchase. They give you one "gimme". Mine were due to my own stupidity....definitely...and I was able to get two different replacements for two different pens.

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

why can't you get to the pipes under the sink ?

Because of old knee injuries, it's terribly painful to kneel or to put any pressure on my knees, and the space under the sink is really tight.

Question Reality

How come you cannot access under the sink? Unfortunately, removing the P-Trap is the best way to go. If no go, you may be able to purchase a replacement nib from Goulet Pens. I think their number 6 nibs go for about $15. Not sure of the nib size on the True Writer but you can query the excellent help staff at GPC regarding nib that would fit.

Good luck.

+1

Very sorry to hear of this. I put a towel over the drain when rinsing pens. My biggest fear is dropping a nib down the drain, even though it's usually a Pilot Metro nib :).

Best of luck, and people drop things in drains all the time.

At least is wasn't a wedding band.

My concern now is hopefully the condition of the nib is adequate. Best of luck on retrieval!

Don't feel to bad, I've done the same with an Estie nib. Luckily the trap under that particular sink was easily accessible and I was able to remove it and get my nib back in no time.

Good luck with Levenger, I hope they hook you up proper.

John L