10 replies to this topic

#1 cakibler

cakibler

WET INK BEHIND THE EARS

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 23:15

Can't reach the Pentrace board this afternoon. Stylophilles message board., which is on the same server, is also not working. Anyone else having trouble?
"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#2 Elaine

Elaine

Mama Tiger

• Admin Hon.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 23:19

Working fine from here

#3 tryphon

tryphon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 14:49

Pentrace Home Page has a new address: www.newpentrace.net

#4 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2014 - 14:59

Seven years this thread was dead.

My Collection:
Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac & Defoe
Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP
Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP
Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.
Play WE game. or POA game.

#5 tryphon

tryphon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 15:23

Indeed! And the original Pentrace Home Page was also left in suspended animation for seven years (or perhaps eight)!!!

Len Provisor and I (co-admins) worked for a couple of months to save the contents, since we knew that original website was going away, but we did not know when. We actually managed to mirror the original website just in time. All this has been done with the blessing of Donal Higgins, the originator of Pentrace. He started the forum back in the year 2000! Years ago, it was Pentrace and The Fountain Pen Network  (and the now defunct alt.collecting.pens-pencils newsgroup) that helped the pen collecting hobby grow into what it is today. I still miss the newsgroup and the lively debates it hosted!  Let's hope both Forums can continue to grow and function for many years in the future.

#6 Dillo

Dillo

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,527 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 18:15

Hi,

There used to be Rambling Snail as well before Fountain Pen Network. I joined Rambling Snail first before joining Pentrace. I've actually been unable to log into Pentrace for the past few years. My password and username just don't work.

Dillon

Sheaffer Lady and Parker Falcon fs
Apple Macbook owners, please read!
HP/RPN fellowship

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Dillon

#7 pen2paper

pen2paper

arty o the irst art

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,692 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:46

Thanks Giovanni! I do quietly visit weekly, (no photos to share at this time), and saw the post, capturing a new link before it changed.

Also was glad to see your contact to receive repair on on your box contact damaged pen is being taken care of... Never hurts to politely but firmly inquire. And certainly adds positive spin for future pen purchase consideration.

All the best. p2p

Posted Image~Hi! fountain pen enthusiast here~

#8 tryphon

tryphon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:22

Thanks for the kind words, p2p!

See you soon!

Giovanni

#9 tryphon

tryphon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:10

Hi,

There used to be Rambling Snail as well before Fountain Pen Network. I joined Rambling Snail first before joining Pentrace. I've actually been unable to log into Pentrace for the past few years. My password and username just don't work.

Dillon

Thanks, Dillon. You should now be able to log on.

Edited by tryphon, 04 August 2014 - 12:11.

#10 swanjun

swanjun

(Not really a lamb.)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2014 - 13:34

I have several of the old Pentrace articles bookmarked, so I'm happy they were able to be saved.  I was trying to access one just the other day, in fact!

#11 tryphon

tryphon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 22:23

I have several of the old Pentrace articles bookmarked, so I'm happy they were able to be saved.  I was trying to access one just the other day, in fact!

You may have to bookmark them again, as we are now on a new server. The old Pentrace was pulled by its server. It is defunct. We saved the content just in time. The new address is www.newpentrace.net  The bookmarks should work if you use newpentrace where pentrace used to be...