J Herbin 1670 Stormy Grey In Stock

Bhavna

Hi All, just a heads up, Bureau Direct have had a large shipment of Stormy Grey in stock for all those who have missed out previously.

Happy Inking.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• Lorna Reed

• janelle

• Behike54

Agreed with comments above.

Thanks and cheers!

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for the heads up :thumbup: Just ordered a bottle.

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

I know how crazy I've felt trying to find some, so I thought I had to share the fount of ink!! @Janelle cute cat!!!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

isellpens.com (no affiliation except as a happy customer) came back into stock yesterday, and I snagged one. Sorry - looks like they're out of stock today.

I feel so lucky that I got some when it first became available in the US -- I had hit the "notify me when this is back in stock" button on the Goulet Pens website and ordered a bottle as soon as it it was back in.

Oh, and after just refilling the pen I had it in a few times, I did finally flush the pen (Pelikan M 100 with a 1 mm nib) out yesterday -- it wasn't too bad: flushed with distilled water, then soaked it nib down in dilute ammonia solution (with a little Dawn dish detergent in the mix) for a couple of hours, then flushed well with more distilled water and let it drain, nib down, into paper toweling to dry overnight. It didn't seem much worse than any other saturated ink (I tend to be a little OCD about cleaning pens to begin with), and I didn't see any of the gold dust in the feed after it was dry -- although I did notice a bit in the bottom of the dishpan I flushed the ink and cleaning solution into, before rinsing the pan and sending the liquid down the drain. Didn't notice today (while flushing a different pen and ink) if the the gold was still in the dishpan, though.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I ordered some yesterday from Goulet Pen Co as well and will wait on sending out Christmas cards until it arrives.

I was lucky to get 2 bottles at Jet Pens when it was back in stock. I was getting one bottle as a gift, then wrestled with whether I needed a bottle. I lost and the ink won. I'm thinking about using it in a Visconti

Michelangelo Back in Black pen. I guess that will be OK since inkstainedruth used it in a Pelikan.

Might also try it in a Lamy with an italic nib to see how the ink behaves with that nib type.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

• 1 month later...

PenBoutique (no affiliation) doesn't have Stormy Grey, but they are having a sale on a handful of J Herbin 30 ml inks for you J Herbin lovers - $7.70 each.

- Poussiere De Lune

- Bouton DOr

- Orange Indien

- Rose Tendresse

http://www.penboutique.com/p-6184-j-herbin-30ml-bottled-ink.aspx

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I want all the things x_x

Picked up a bottle from Bureau Direct- excited to see what it's like when it arrives at my door!

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly