Greetings Programs!

DQuartermane

Hello Everyone!

I'm Tommy from right near the gold vault here in Kentucky. Im a 33 year old wannabe writer who has begun exploring this new world of fountain pens.

Fountain pens always looked amazing to me from movies and such. But they always looked very intimidating to me, with the bottled ink and all. But I was facinated by them but never really explored them until I saw a discussion on twitter.

Ever since then I have begun slowly exploring more and more. Slowly because I don't think my wallet could take all the pens I want!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DQuartermane

• Sasha Royale

• notVirtuThe3rd

• marjeta

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a Member!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

:W2FPN: And don't worry -you are certainly not the only one here with a wish list heavier than your wallet!

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

:W2FPN: and Howdy from Pittsburgh.

I'm afraid for your wallet's sake you have come to the wrong place. Because we are ALL a bunch of enablers who will happily point you towards our favorite pens, inks, paper, etc.

So, what pen(s) do you have so far? And what strikes your fancy? Vintage? Modern? Blackest black ink or crazy bright colors? I generally suggest that new people read New Content as a nice overview of a lot of topics (I even stick my nose in the Montblanc Forum on rare occasions, even though I'm not remotely interested in ever getting one).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkainstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

A fellow Tron fan! Welcome! It's all too easy to get obsessed, isn't it..

My pens: Penny the Penmanship, Dot the Metropolitan, Pallas the Parallel, Neoma the High Ace Neo, Petra the Petit1, Calliope the Kakuno (Also, a Sheaffer No-Nonsense)

My bottles of ink: Sailor Epinard & Ultramarine; Mysterious Blue (Wishlist: Oku Yama)

Hahaha, So glad someone got the reference!

As for my collection, it is a whole collection of one. The absolute best dozen doughnuts I ever bought. It is one half of a Yafa Scenario Fountain/Ballpoint Pen set. Which has brought me here, needing a bit of info about it actually.

Oh and I don't know the different brands at this time. Other than I have been told the Lamay Safarai is a good one to explore as a newbie. Other than that I just want to keep things simple pen wise. But inks, lookijg forward to playing with all the different colors.

Hi from a fellow newbie :)

Regards,

Mary

I AM YOUR KING!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lSCDCB1rCSY/VIM46vZ-kTI/AAAAAAAAASE/uFd3y9dPEzY/s1600/Zajeta%2Bslika.JPGKING OF PEN

Welcome !

I learned a lot about fountain pens, and about great folks who use them. You will, too.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hi Tom and welcome to FPN

This forum is a place of horror for wallets and credit cards.... otherwise this is a most enjoyable place.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• 2 weeks later...