A Few Bespoke "woodies"

twissy

It's been a while since I posted so thought I would share my most recent with you.

This first one is loosely based on an earlier piston filler. The customer saw it and wanted one made slightly larger and as a cartridge converter. It is fitted with a #6 JoWo with a custom grind by "oxonian".

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n564/twisspens/custom%20wooden%20pens/IMG_1754_zpsf4879bde.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n564/twisspens/custom%20wooden%20pens/IMG_1759_zpsb5d0fc3e.jpg

This one is some beautifully grained Bethlehem Olive Wood. I would have liked a longer piece so that I coulld match the grain, but I could only get 5" lengths. The customer wanted the sharp angles and Ebonite inserts and section.

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n564/twisspens/custom%20wooden%20pens/IMG_1755_zps380f2ce3.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n564/twisspens/custom%20wooden%20pens/IMG_1756_zps8b5f0b09.jpg

With this one (again Irish Bog Oak) the customer even supplied a drawing of his rough requirements! Im not used to working from drawings, but I quite like the transition from threads to barrel.

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n564/twisspens/custom%20wooden%20pens/IMG_1753_zps1a37db9b.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n564/twisspens/custom%20wooden%20pens/IMG_1761_zps9437dbb2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calamus plasticus

• twissy

• rudyhou

• Scriptorium Pens

Pen received!

The monkeys are happy like... Monkeys.

And me too :-)

My only regret is that it does not have a #8 nib... What a pity that good IPG nibs are not produced in that size...

Thanks for the work, John!

post-76489-0-65138500-1418249680_thumb.jpg

Edited by Calamus plasticus

I really like that second pen, how does the cap stay on the body? Is it those screw threads I can see? also would it be possible to do the grip in wood? What pen kits are you using? Where did you get them? I apologise for the barrage of questions but I like your pens very and am eager to get into pen making myself thanks

Edited by Domesticabbage

I have just got a lathe and I have always been fascinated by making pens. I am still very new to this.

Thank you all for the kind words :)

Pen received!
The monkeys are happy like... Monkeys.
And me too :-)

My only regret is that it does not have a #8 nib... What a pity that good IPG nibs are not produced in that size...

Thanks for the work, John!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Many thanks Luis, I'm happy that you are pleased with the pen, and thanks for posting it on your local forum.

I love that pen rest!!!

Nice! I like those IBO pens. Are the threads machined directly in the IBO?

I really like that second pen, how does the cap stay on the body? Is it those screw threads I can see? also would it be possible to do the grip in wood? What pen kits are you using? Where did you get them? I apologise for the barrage of questions but I like your pens very and am eager to get into pen making myself thanks

The olive wood pen has an insert made from ebonite within the barrel that is threaded internally for the section and externally for the cap which has a full acrylic insert. It is possible to make a wooden front section, but not very practical as it would probably get stained with ink. there is an early post of mine of a Yew pen with a wooden section.

There are no kits used in making these pens.