Sweet Spot? What Sweet Spot?! Italix Parson's Essential

SkylarKnight

My best pen by far - glad to see you enjoying yours too Skylar.

The finishes are beautiful an so nice to touch the piano lacquer, and the nibs, oh my. Hand finished too :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkylarKnight

• Stu L

• Medsen Fey

• mart46

The Parsons is easily one of the top players in its price-range, you will not be disappointed. I use it everyday with the medium (about 1.1) stub.

In fact, it was the Parsons that convinced me that the 1 mm stub is the best match for my handwriting. It is now accompanied by a TWSBI classic 1.1 and soon I will add an Edison Collier with 1.1 too.

I've had my Parsons for over a year and I love it still. I use my other pens, but always return to it. I've the 1.1mm italic nib and use it for everything!

Does anyone know if you can use Pelikan cartridges with these?

yes, you can. There is even enough space to either place a large international cartridge or two standard sized. It obviously takes standard international converters too and it even comes with quite a good converter (a Schmidt I think).

So many options. Schmidt is correct :)

I'm tempted to buy another in burgundy - maybe a big juicy italic this time. There were some pictures of a FPN member's on here a while back where burgundy looked fantastic - better than on Mr Pen's website..

Thank you for your replies. :) I have some of the new long Pelikan cartridges and thought I might use them in this pen.

So many options. Schmidt is correct :)

I'm tempted to buy another in burgundy - maybe a big juicy italic this time. There were some pictures of a FPN member's on here a while back where burgundy looked fantastic - better than on Mr Pen's website..

I have just taken delivery of three Parsons, black, amber and burgundy. The burgundy is beautiful. MrPens photographs don't really do the burgundy justice. I decided to get a different nib in each pen, medium, medium italic and medium cursive, all are amazing.

Bought the pen a week ago and it started off brilliantly but then started skipping on upstrokes and side-to-side.

Contacted Mr. Ford and he identified the issue immediately via e-mail and sent me a replacement nib. It solved the problem and I can easily say it is one of my favourite nibs and writes very, very smooth. Very surprised at the great customer service.

The pen is heavier than I anticipated which means writing posted isn't an option since it becomes top-heavy. Very fun writing with it without posting and I'm glad I saw this review and looked into the pen!

Although there are so many nib options available, I decided to be boring and buy a regular fine nib. I would have liked to try and italic nib but since I'll be using the pen to write notes at a fair speed, a fine is more useful.

I have just purchased a number of pens from Mr. Pen, Mr Ford, including 3 PE Fountain Pens, a PE ballpen, and a Captains Commision Fountain Pen. I can say that they are some of the best pens I have ever had; far better than many of the so called premium brands. They are exceptionally well made and write faultlessly out of the box.

I have been using fountain pens since about 1957, and would thoroughly recommend these pens to anybody.

I am so pleased I have ordered more, including an italic version.

I have no affiliation with Mr Ford, but I am a very, very satisfied customer.

Bought the pen a week ago and it started off brilliantly but then started skipping on upstrokes and side-to-side.

Contacted Mr. Ford and he identified the issue immediately via e-mail and sent me a replacement nib. It solved the problem and I can easily say it is one of my favourite nibs and writes very, very smooth. Very surprised at the great customer service.

The pen is heavier than I anticipated which means writing posted isn't an option since it becomes top-heavy. Very fun writing with it without posting and I'm glad I saw this review and looked into the pen!

Although there are so many nib options available, I decided to be boring and buy a regular fine nib. I would have liked to try and italic nib but since I'll be using the pen to write notes at a fair speed, a fine is more useful.

I had the same problem with my standard medium nib and it was replaced the next day without question. It does write very wet with the few inks I have tried and I begining to think the F would have been a better option for the standard nib. The M italic nib on another Parson's I own is very nice.

I just bought a separate 1.1 italic nib for the churchman's prescriptor and screwed it into another pen. It writes with incredible line variation, and is smooth as glass. These steel nibs are smoother than many of my customized gold cursive italic nibs on some very high-end pens that have been crafted by some well known nibmeisters. The Italic/Mr. Pen products are exceptionally well made; some of the best value of any of my purchases.

Edited by Medsen Fey