Sweet Spot? What Sweet Spot?! Italix Parson's Essential

SkylarKnight

Hi everyone!

So my father woke me up about 30 minutes ago with two parcels in hand. One was a very unimportant one, so I just gave it to him, and proceeded to the treasure.

I just received my very own Parson's Essential (it even says so on the cap!).

Out of excitement, I mounted the cartridge they kindly included in the envelope, which I believe to be Diamine Black (since that's the brand they suggested to use with the pen), and oh my.

First of, please don't make my mistake - do NOT squeeze the cartridge. I only have low end Chinese pens, and all of them require a few good cartridge squuezes to write, and maybe some time to lay around. This one? It takes ink immediately. The moment I put the nib to the paper (which happens to be the invoice or whatever), it wrote sooooo smoothly... Beautiful wet line, buttery smooth, and oh gosh - the italic nib is a masterpiece! Maybe it's my inexpirience, but this is a fine work of art!

So here I am, bragging about my new pen, all mindless and full of excitement and tears (well, it's so smooth, tears just fill my eyes.. What a wonderful pen!).

I think that's pretty much all I had to say.

Anyone else feels like bragging? :D

P.S. What is that sweet spot you all speak of? The pen didn't scratch even once, not even a reminder of sharp edges. It writes like my Duke 600 EF - after I smoothed the nib to be smoother than a baby's bottom!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png
Hey! I'm Skylar! I am quite new to all of this, but am a very friendly person :3
If you wanna exchange snail-mail, my 'about me' in on page 51 on the snail mail list, and if you like what you see - pm me!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkylarKnight

• Stu L

• Medsen Fey

• mart46

Pics and writing sample! Also, congrats! We share your joy.

Will do :D

Hey! I'm Skylar! I am quite new to all of this, but am a very friendly person :3
If you wanna exchange snail-mail, my 'about me' in on page 51 on the snail mail list, and if you like what you see - pm me!

Thanks for sharing that! Intense joy over a new pen is such a personal experience that not many folks have captured it as clearly as you have.

ron

Note: Forgive the quality, I am using my laptop\s camera, for the lack of a better one.

Also, this pen does wonders to my writing - I am forced to write bigger letters since it's an M, and I feel like it's going to be what makes me write the way I want to (size wise, at least. The font is something I have yet to practice, and I have the means to now :D)

http://i57.tinypic.com/fbw3g4.jpg

(Those are my Korean initials on the cap. Sadly, they couldn't engrave my Korean name in Korean, since their computer couldn't read it)

http://i58.tinypic.com/24zzrl4.jpg

Congrats! Love it when a new pen brings this much excitement!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

It's rare to hear of anyone this happy about anything. I'm glad for you, SkylarKnight.

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

Those Italix italic nibs are truly a joy. I've bought a couple of them and stuck them in other pens with great satisfaction.

Whoa...hold on, what other pens do these nibs fit??

And Skylar:

Do you have any way to measure the dimensions of the pen? You've got me interested now (especially with all the nib options they have), but I'm not a big fan of long, heavy pens...and there's no dimensions on their website that I can find.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm a buffoon...I scrolled down and found them on their site.

Edited by sirgilbert357

And Skylar:

Do you have any way to measure the dimensions of the pen? You've got me interested now (especially with all the nib options they have), but I'm not a big fan of long, heavy pens...and there's no dimensions on their website that I can find.

Any help?

The pen is a bit heavier, but not enough to bother someone.. I can measure it approximately, but I don't have the tools ^^"

capped about 5.5"

uncapped about 4.11"

section at thickest is about 0.4"

posted the pen is 6 and a half in.

Posts very securely :) But unless your hands are big, posting is not reccommended.

Oh, found the correct measures on the website:

weight 35g

12 cm long with cap off. 14 cm long with cap on. 16 cm with cap posted. 1.1 cm in diameter.

the page

Hope you get the pen and enjoy it as much as I do :)

And thanks everyone! I am truly enjoying this pen, it's absolutly wonderful.

The pen is a bit heavier, but not enough to bother someone.. I can measure it approximately, but I don't have the tools ^^"

capped about 5.5"

uncapped about 4.11"

section at thickest is about 0.4"

posted the pen is 6 and a half in.

Posts very securely :) But unless your hands are big, posting is not reccommended.

Oh, found the correct measures on the website:

weight 35g

12 cm long with cap off. 14 cm long with cap on. 16 cm with cap posted. 1.1 cm in diameter.

the page

Hope you get the pen and enjoy it as much as I do :)

And thanks everyone! I am truly enjoying this pen, it's absolutly wonderful.

Thanks Skylar. A bit long and too heavy for me, but the nibs intrigue me...glad I saw this thread, I will be researching these nibs to see what other pens they fit!

Whoa...hold on, what other pens do these nibs fit??

They'll fit many other pens. The Churchman's Prescriptor seems to be the same size as other #6 nibs like nemosine, or knox. I've put these in an Inoxcrom Sirocco, a couple of Laban pens, and a Grifos pen. These nibs can be purchased by themselves and they are really smooth.

Thanks Skylar. A bit long and too heavy for me, but the nibs intrigue me...glad I saw this thread, I will be researching these nibs to see what other pens they fit!

You're welcome :) I also like lighter pens, but this one just doesn't bother me whatsoever.

However, as for the nibs, I am pretty sure it is a #6 nib, so it should fit any pen that used a #6 nib. They sell the nibs separately, as well, so be sure to get one :) And if you want a nib smoother than it is this very moment, they can do it for you... You also get a year warranty on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep a Parspn's inked on my desk (I know with many others, they like the company), it writes first time every time - smoothly. I am using a convertor and Platinum Mix free ink Aqua Blue. I looked at getting a fine nib as I got a medium with then pen. The nibs are almost as much as the pen so I might buy a whole new pen!