• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sanyalsoumitra

• Helen350

• Sailor Kenshin

• WateryFlow

Wing Sung 322b- this is another 322 variant, main difference is in the cap/barrel end finial and clip design.

fpn_1417385546__wing_sung_322b.jpg

I am putting two questions to my viwers- a lot depends on what reply I get. I

have beeen trying to compact the description of some pens into one A4 page by using some photos, a photo of my recent / older handwritten brief, some specs and web links as availae.My earlier ones in this line, particlarly those I posted from the ship did not have a colour background while in recent ones I started using a background to kind of enhance the pics.

Here are the two questions :
a) How useful is inclusion of the small pic of the handwritten brief ?- Does this sketchy descpription or informal review of a sort do any help? How about some pics of some more pens that were never inked up and tested. Because this ink test part takes away much of my time, in way of filling ,writing and clean up chores and then photo editing the written piece snapshot. Many times with excessive edition the real ink colour changes to different shade etc. At best it seems this works as a sample of my handwriting and nib thickness output. ........ Do you think people would like reports without this part?

B) I have not taken and displayed the dimensions of the pens in most cases? How important is this to the viewrs ? and if yes, which dimensions ? I can not check the weight as I do not have a precision balance- managiing just by saying haevy , light and not so heavy etc. Any value mentioned, is actually taken from other sources but not verified by me.

In short what do you all think should be included or not included anymore? Any other ideas for betterment = please advise generously,

I would be tied up with a few other activities in the coming weeks so, this would be the feedback time from viewers to be used later for better and meaningful posts. Please tell us your questions and feedbacks now,

All I can say is, I like the handwritten inclusions.

And exact dimensions don't matter to me, just general descriptions like small, large, heavy, light, slim, etc.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Possibly if you don't have the dimensions written down, maybe put it next to a commonly owned pen as comparison when being photographed, eg the Hero 616/Kaigelu 356/K316. That way more people will have an idea of the size comparison.

What you could do too is to go with a consistent weight band. Eg less than 15g = light 15-25g = medium, 25-35g = heavy, 35g+ = very heavy. That would ensure a consistent reference for others.

Apart from that, I do think having the hand written bit is very useful.

Regards,

Richard.

Possibly if you don't have the dimensions written down, maybe put it next to a commonly owned pen as comparison when being photographed, eg the Hero 616/Kaigelu 356/K316. That way more people will have an idea of the size comparison.

What you could do too is to go with a consistent weight band. Eg less than 15g = light 15-25g = medium, 25-35g = heavy, 35g+ = very heavy. That would ensure a consistent reference for others.

Apart from that, I do think having the hand written bit is very useful.

Regards,

Richard.

Richard Sir, I would like to use a Wing Sung 233 or a Parker 51 as a standard pen-please tell us your choice.

Richard Sir, I would like to use a Wing Sung 233 or a Parker 51 as a standard pen-please tell us your choice.

Sorry I haven't had opportunity to reply previously - am on annual leave and away from my computer! I'd suggest the Parker (if those are your options), as it's a better known pen.

I also like the writing sample - though I suppose you could just dip the nib if the cleaning is becoming too onerous? Better that, than no writing sample...

I think some brief comment on weight (light, heavy, whatever) would also be useful.

Thanks for your prolific input - you manage to find some pretty amazing pens!

Jinhao 155

fpn_1416412982__jinhao_155.jpg

Looks like an St Dupont Élysée. Is the Cap screw or push?

Appreciate all of the reviews you make Sanyal.

(Edit for orthographic mistsakes cus im using a German Keyboard

Edited by TimTheZaj

Looks like an St Dupont Élysée. Is the Cap screw or push?

Appreciate all of the reviews you make Sanyal.

(Edit for orthographic mistsakes cus im using a German Keyboard

This is push type cap, one nylon/Teflon type insert. There is a faint impression of barrel thread but those are really just decoration!