• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bizhe

• Sandy1

• annettefhorn

• ______Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Before this topic runs its course, I'd bet that every major ink will be mentioned at least once.

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

This is just such a subjective topic. I have to have two and they would be Diamine Chocolate Brown, and a 50% dilution of Private Reserve D.C. Supershow Blue. At least today.

And UDog I predict you will be right.

Edited by MKeith

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?" Patrick Henry

In what pen and on what paper? The three are so interdependent that there's no answer, IMO. I guess the question could be re-phrased to "best behaved on all papers with all pens" but I still wouldn't have an answer. :)

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

I don't even have to think: Noodler's Black. I love that stuff. I know this is an entirely subjective discussion, but that ink is my favorite, and today, when I forgot my EDC pen that contains it, I felt really lost!

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

I don't even have to think: Noodler's Black. I love that stuff. I know this is an entirely subjective discussion, but that ink is my favorite, and today, when I forgot my EDC pen that contains it, I felt really lost!

I do love Noodler's Bulletproof Black and that would the ink I recommend everyone should have but Pilot Black is my favourite. Noodler's Bulletproof Black is an ink which works in the widest of applications because it behaves well in a wide range of papers and it is bulletproof.

“Bulletproof Ink” is a term that may be a perpetually changing measure. As Noodler’s developed greater durability in its inks, the definition of “bulletproof” evolved to accommodate new durability. When first described in Greg Clark’s “Ink Sampler” magazine many years ago it generally referenced water resistance and some other archival qualities. Later the term evolved to include resistance to an increasing array of industrial solvents and bleaching agents and other tools of the forgers – and severe tests in the Arizona sunlight over many months (as well as heat lamps, ageing ovens, biological attacks in moist conditions – Hurricane Katrina situations for example – among many further tests…).

http://noodlersink.com/noodlers-ink-properties/

In what pen and on what paper? The three are so interdependent that there's no answer, IMO. I guess the question could be re-phrased to "best behaved on all papers with all pens" but I still wouldn't have an answer. :)

The above also answers your question.

Edited by Oranges and Apples

I had a dear friend and colleague who, when asked what his favorite wine was, would reply, "The one I'm drinking now." I'm much the same way about inks. When I'm unhappy about an ink, it's usually because of the paper I'm being forced to write on.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Pilot Fuyu-Syogun. Doesn't work in every pen for me (comes out too light), but this is an ink I will organize my pens around rather than vice versa. Wonderful performance, and a subtly beautiful color. Straddles the line for me between inks I get bored with, and inks I get sick of.

Sailor Jentle Yama-dori. It works so well in all my pens, the red sheen looks superb, and it just smells so nice ;)

That or Lamy Turquoise

Sailor Jentle Yama-dori. It works so well in all my pens, the red sheen looks superb, and it just smells so nice ;)

That or Lamy Turquoise

My Sailor ink has a nice smell too, it's the only ink I have that has an interesting aroma! Edited by Zaphod_Beeblebrox