How Do I Open A Waterman 200 Rhapsody?

pennut

I would refrain from any further mechanical attempts to remove any part and send both to Waterman who should repair them FOC.

I was charged a very small amount.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pennut

• Left FPN

• Charles Rice

• jmccarty3

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The section (the part that holds the nib) unscrews from the barrel (the longer coloured part) where you can either replace the cartridge or use the converter to fill from a bottle of ink.

Did I do OK members.

Are you sure, Force ?

I thought it was the body that unscrews from the section ...

No ?

Don't know if anyone will see this but I did send an inquiry to "Waterman Repair" and received a response that the pens were old models and they do not have parts for repair. I did send back a reply that I did not need any parts and that I just needed the body of the pen unscrewed from the section. I am hoping they will reconsider and ask me to send them the pens. They did send me a one page list of folks that repair vintage pens. However, I do want to ask if anyone can recommend a repair person that is know to be an expert on the Watermans.

thanks in advance

Dennis

pennut am I correct in thinking you are in Canada. It might pay to message Charles Rice to ask where he sent his pen. I suspect it is spare barrels that they do not have and are worried about damaging. I am sure the brass part would survive but the plastic threads in the barrel may not.

If you send it to a 3rd party repair centre again I suspect they will also say they cannot guarantee removing it without breaking the barrel and hence getting a replacement.

Here is an update on my second request to Waterman to try and unscrew the body of the Rhapody pens from the sections. They agreed to look at the pens and I will be sending them to Parker/Waterman Service Center in Janesville, WI. I will let folks know what happens.

I will be sending them to Parker/Waterman Service Center in Janesville, WI. I will let folks know what happens.

Good luck. That's where I sent mine some years back.

Really weird that someone else has the same problem that I have encountered. I have tried to lube the threads and it has helped a little

but it seems that every time I want to check to see how much ink have left it is a chore to unscrew. I don't have this problem with my Man 100

Pat Barnes a.k.a. billz

Does your Man 100 have an acetate barrel and is it plastic barrel to brass male thread . I suspect it is a much different material if not brass.

I have sold all but one of my 200's and checking it now it is relatively tight for the first 1/2 turn but that is not the thread it's the location bore of the barrel to boss on the brass section. When it reaches the thread it becomes much easier to unscrew.

I think it is clear that the acetate material used for certain Rhapsody pens is moving with age.

I have two Rhapsodies, a red and a blue, and neither one of them has ever exhibited this problem. The sections unscrew from the barrels with the greatest of ease. I even have a left oblique nib on one of them that is fun to use.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.