Past Due Protection Payments To The Ink Cartel And Estie Addiction

amberleadavis

For the past two years, I've timely paid my monthly protection payments to the ink cartel ... and I've acquired a nice (safe) collection of inks. UNTIL I became an Estie Addict. It all started with a hit - try this lovely Estie for free...then try this other Estie with this super cool nib.

I'm very worried... I haven't purchased ink in the last two months...all my lunch money went to acquire Esterbrooks. The kids still have milk money, but I'm concerned about the small shops that depend on my donations. Whatever shall I do?

Do we have an Ester-vention program?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Sasha Royale

• inkstainedruth

• Lou Erickson

It could be worse. I've had a relapse of 51 Fever, compounded by Vacumatic Acquisition Disease! And what looks like might turn out to be a mild but chronic case of Pelikanitis....

All of which might cure my husband of claiming I have too much ink (and haven't even seen the KWZI bottles invoices yet).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

OMG, these sound expensive.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Lucky it isn't women !

When you started spending your money and time with pens, rather than inks, The inks didn't call you everyday.

The inks didn't slander you to others. The inks didn't call your mother and cry over the phone. The inks didn't

throw your clothes onto the lawn.

I love how Parkers and Esterbrooks and Jinhaos of different colors can intermingle in the same pen case, without

judgement.

How delightful to have a safe vice !

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Good point! Reminds me of that software about Girlfriend 2.0 being upgraded to Wife 1.0.

I am hoping my mild case of P51 Fever has gone into remission. The Flighter and the Kullock seem to have quenched it for now... until I see John Stroether at the PPPC again, anyway. :) Last time I got out with only two, and a Parker 21!

I'm also suffering through an infection of stubitis. I've gone from none to four, a Brown, a Mottishaw, a Binder, and one from those Spanish guys Teri is importing from, (Ugly nib, but wow, is it a smooth, wide stub!) Mr. Minuskin's web site is a terrible temptation. As are factory stubs for the Carene and Pelikans...

That Pelikan M600 on Massdrop is pretty darn tempting, too. But what color? :)

I guess the glut of Iroshizuku inks has sated my ink cravings for a while. And KWZI are coming...

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

Having been infected with non cureable " penititus " some 25 years ago , I continue to submit to this terrible infection.

My yes now twinkle automatically when I see another vintage pen.

My lips quiver when I grasp it into my hands

My heart still skips a beat when the first words are written to Rhodia Paper

My wallet continues to hemorrhage more dollars than I can now in old age continue to replace.

Unlike my wives, they have never deserted me ! :rolleyes:

So now I must buy a pen today, it will make he happy :yikes:

So see where you are heading with this topic.

Happy Thanksgiving

penfancier1915@hotmail.com

Tom Heath

Peace be with you . Hug your loved ones today

I may be able to help you out.

Sell me some of the ink you have already bought from local stores, then go buy it again from them.

No cost to you and I can put ink in my new Canadian Estie I purchased due to PMHAD (Patterns - Must Have All - Disorder).

LOL

I love my inks. I love color. I'd buy more ink, but Esties are consuming me.

I sort of hear this theme music.

I had gone since about July 1 since last pen acquisition. I wa

s in ink mode. (specifically the BlackStone inks)

Now two in November - a LJ Bell Systems pen from Cryptos, a loaner of a TWSBI 540 & 580 from amberleadavis..... and a subsequent 580 b nib of my own in route.......

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Well, I'm done for a few months. My partner in Estie Repair crime is going to burn out ... or his wife is going to kill us both.... hard to say which will happen first.

This partner you speak of, is he really that? Or is he your dealer! Feeding your addiction and laughing maniacally as you grasp for air only to find more pens in your clutches!

Or, he could be a wonderful, if fashionably disastrous, Texan with a Walton family restraining order against him. So hard to tell now days.

Paul

"Nothing is impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible!'" Audrey Hepburn

Was it .... or ... or could you have sworn that it might not be both?

I think I got lucky. The 51 addiction burned out long ago, turned into Montblanc adiction, then Estie addiction, then Sonnet addiction, then a short case of Carene addiction, then Phileas addiction, then Laureat addiction, then nothing. Burned out. No interest in buying anything. It is amusing to read about others' addictions. Nib addiction was in there somewhere, but I have enough extra fines and italics now, the only ones of interest. Planning to do some Christmas cards using the 9312 nib. I might actually get around to it now that I am not so distracted by pens, nibs and inks. Lucky to have bought old MB violet and Racing Green. And Diamine black green. Wrote some verses with the MB Generation for a lark. The wintry countryside here needs some description.

I got to the point of having so many pens that any new acquisition was pointless. Most of my writing is with a Pelikan K200 ballpoint, broad refill, anyway. The grocery list, job hunt records. Meds log, insulin sticks and everything else lest oldtimers makes me take something twice. Vary the ink from day to day to relieve the ennui.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.