Bohemian Classic 145 (Fake Montblanc)

Icywolfe

(This is a not unboxing type of review as I had this pen for a little while. And by the set rules how it seems impossible to review and score something like this though.)

Now Let Rikka Takanashi pose with the pen and Introduce it.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/2fec/9prk2wnpvac55r16g.jpg

Intro: When I first opened my mail package from China. I just saw a small clear cheap plastic sleeve protecting this pen. The Mail package was those bubble wrapped envelopes. This surprised me as I thought I would get some finely ground plastic dust. Once I got my hands on my pen I remember it feeling a pen. It didn’t feel like cheap plastic. It looks like Montblanc at first glance. It was appox 11 USD with appox 2-3 weeks shipping.

Appearance & Design(Similarity: 7/10 // Overall: 1/10) : Umm… it’s not a “original” design. Especially if this is a fake Montblanc. But compared to whatever online pictures I’ve found of the real MB 145 this B145isn’t that far off. From the outside you can pass it off as a real MB I suppose. Not sure if the real 145 has a “Pix” under the clip though. From a far the similarity to a real MB seems to be there so the rating 7 for that, but overall as this is a fake pen it’s 1.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/de40/f9at956j865ku126g.jpg

Construction & Quality(7/10): The plastic doesn’t doesn’t feel that cheap. It feels like “resin” from other manufacturers. I gripped both my B145 and my C912 and both seems sturdy. Unless Pilot decided to lower their quality.(Unlikely) There is a visible seams but you need to look some what closely at the pen’s threads. A semi destruction test was done and the barrel end cap came off after 6 blows to my SOG Multitool. The threads seems to be cracked. It gets a 7 score because the barrel end cap threads broke off but it would’ve gotten a 8.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/4fb7/k92fxp9f56b4dy56g.jpg

(No scratches yet)

Weight & Dimensions: The barrel end cap flew right off somewhere so I cannot do this test. But it’s a fairly light pen.And similar size to the Pilot Custom 74.

Nib & Performance(3/10): I wish this pen has a more functional nib. On the nib it says “4810 - M - 14k - MONTBLANC - 585” No nib size but it writes like a M and it’s a dry and hard starter. It’s either the nib or the tiny feed. (I say the feed.) The nib is a nail no flex and if I add pressure I’m afraid I’ll stab the paper. And recently I found rust-like stuff forming on the underside. I’m giving it a 3 as you can use it after some banging on your desk so ink actually flows. Once it flows it works for about a page and stops. Nib is actually smooth.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/46f0/umaw1u79iykj9856g.jpg

(The Nib stamping is crisp but too small it seems. I was using flash so it didn't come correctly.)

Filling System & Maintenance(2/10): It’s a C/C with a twist. The included Converter will not fit as in you stick it on the nipple and you turn the pen upside down and shake it. Plop converter falls. The pen uses a STD type of C/C so all STDs must fit? Nope. I’ve tried my Chinese collection of STDs and regular STDs none fit. The best fit came from some poor quality cartridge that I have no idea where I got. There is metal in the barrel so you can’t make it a eye dropper. I’ve rated this a 2 because you can fit a cart but not a converter.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/2aef/qdfcn64y448avxj6g.jpg

(It says Montblanc in some type of cheap paint that I rubbed some off.)

Cost & Value(1/10): (This is where I think this scale wasn’t made for fake pens.) Cost was 11-12 USD and free Shipping. Value is hard to explain on a fake pen. Sure the valve may be high if you want to pass it off as a real pen. But usability value is low. This pen brings the word “hardstarting to a new level” so it’s not a fun pen to write. Value for me near non-existent. Get it if you want to see how a fake pen feels like. (That is the reason why I got it.)

Conclusion(15/50): Yes,, I graded it harshly. It’s a fake pen. A counterfeit pen. Not very “original” but if I was going to grade it on a scale of “can you pass it off in your shirt-pocket” on that scale it will be around a 8/10. Open it up and write it just try explaining that you can never ink up that pen. Also not mentioned before the converter does go on the nipple but at a funky angle.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/59b0/9012d4vac9wypbu6g.jpg

Pics in full Res:

(Each Picture is about 4 MB so do not open when you have limited bandwidth.)

------------------------

Writing sample will come up soon after I figure out where it's rusting. Oh well that is my first review of a pen. Oddly it's a cheap fake pen I was reviewing. I might review another fake pen very soon after I do buy it. (Curiosity) Also if you have 12 USD to spare and you thinking about this or a Jinhao. Get the Jinhao. Rust Free under the nibs!

#Nope

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Icywolfe

• zdeveric

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you buy it?

I do not wish to disclose that as I don't want fake pens circulating. But you can find this easily if you look on any online shopping sites.

#Nope