A Post Card Project - From You To Me.

Amberjack

Greetings FPers,

I am working on a project to teach my autistic son about the mail and a little geography as well. At this point he knows the mail as the white (or brown) truck that occasionally visits to drop toys off for him....always a hit.

But I came up with the idea to mail a post card from all fifty states and even from abroad if I can manage it, all back here to him. As each post card comes in with a different postmark, we'll mark it off on the map and talk about the journey it had to get from there to here and all the people that made that journey happen.

So that's where you come in. I am providing everything, all I need is a mailing address from the following US states and then, when my letter arrives, for you to open it and drop the SASPC (self addressed stamped post card) in the post. That's it!

I've exhausted my local and extended family and friends and have covered 18 states. The remainder are what I need help with (in black)...

Alaska, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia.

Globally: New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom.

(I will be updating this list as folks sign up....)

So, if you think you can help me by dropping a post card in the mail and you reside in one of the above states, please PM me here with your mailing address. I will of course be discreet with your address and after mailing the letter off to you will destroy any record - that is unless you're a letter writer and would like another pen friend. ;-)

My mailing address is in my profile, for your reference.

As well, if you are from outside the US and wouldn't mind playing this game with us, send me your address and I'll get a letter/post card on its way to you as well!

Thanks for your time and consideration.

-Jack

Edited by Amberjack

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amberjack

• Brian K

• MissChief

• Cyber6

Great idea, Jack. Good luck with it. I look forward to following this thread to see how it develops. If you're comfortable with the idea it would be cool to see pictures of the two of you updating your map.

Can't wait to return my postcard!

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

What a great project! If you send me your son's name and address, I'll be happy to send a postcard from Italy.

Arguing with a woman is like reading a Software License Agreement.

In the end, you ignore everything and click "I Agree".

flying-letter-exc.png

PM sent. I'll be very happy to send your son a postcard from the UK. :) What a great idea.

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

If you don't mind a postcard from little Singapore (the little red dot which is hardly visible on the world map), PM me with your address and your son's name and I'll happily send him one!

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

If you don't mind a postcard from little Singapore (the little red dot which is hardly visible on the world map), PM me with your address and your son's name and I'll happily send him one!

~Epic

Mind sir? Not a bit of it! PM sent and thanks!

Jack

Update, since the original post is beyond editing.

Alaska, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia.

Globally: New Zealand, Canada, Italy, the United Kingdom, and Singapore!

I must say I am overwhelmed by the response so far. Very grateful to be a part of a community like this. Bless you all.

Jack

Edited by Amberjack

Update, since the original post is beyond editing.

Globally: New Zealand, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Singapore!

I must say I am overwhelmed by the response so far. Very grateful to be a part of a community like this. Bless you all.

Jack

Jack, we are no less blessed by being able to help you do something for your son! Thank you. :bunny01: :thumbup: :bunny01:

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

I can take care of Indiana for you. PM sent shortly.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Update - Still more than pleased to accept cards from anywhere, especially those locations in black below or anywhere outside the US.

To restate, all I need is your mailing address - which will be held in strictest confidence and deleted after I address the envelope to you - and I'll send you an enclosed, stamped and addressed postcard back to my son and I. All I need you to do is to open the envelope, remove the postcard and drop it in your local postbox. That's it!

Red indicates a state or country where someone has or is presently mailing a card back to us.

Globally: New Zealand, Canada, Italy, the United Kingdom, and Singapore!

Again, my sincere thanks to everyone helping out. We are in the process of hanging our map and will start our lessons on geography and the postal service this week.

I'll be posting pictures here once things are in place in the home-schoolroom.

Jack

Edited by Amberjack

I'd like to join in! PMd you.

Hopefully you won't mind a letter and postcard from Edinburgh.

Great project.

Don't believe the hype!

Sandy Creek,NY is also on the way!

Wow, wish I had seen this earlier, I would have picked up more post cards. For whatever reason, I can only find them out at the beach front tourist shops.

I would be happy to send some if I get a change to roll out there again.