What Are Your Experiences With Wahl's Long-Tined Early "wahl 2 14K"-Stamped Nibs?

discopig

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pen2paper

• discopig

• AZBennett

Top Posters In This Topic

my wahl is semi-flex, which after it was resacced, reset, (the nib had a stress crack at the bottom held taut at feed, but is a-ok), Susan Wirth gave a brief lesson on using flex to its best advantage. That also includes not going beyond its ability. Tipsntricks has a nice video which shows use of full flex Waterman, again working the nib to full advantage, but not to point of meta fatigue.

Hope that helps.

understand that this is full flex, and is being worked to what he knows is its limit avoiding metal fatigue:

but it does give you an idea

also do check with others unitizing their preferred technique.

edited to add: Mauricio also has an essay on flex nib usage that you may wish to review.

understand I'm not your expert, simply offering a variety of past suggestions.. also see Ken Fraser's posts in penmanship.

Edited by pen2paper

The only one I have run into was absolutely stunning! The closest I have come to a wet noodle yet. If I breathed on the nib the tines spread. It was butter smooth too. Between the pens these are on usually being very nice looking and the nibs being amazing, I now seek out Wahl pens with these nibs whenever I can.