Suggestions For A Green Ink.

Robert B

I am looking for a green ink for my daughter. She will use it general writing, Grading papers , writing in her journal. ( I think..) This will be a gift, And I know she likes the color Green.

She usually uses Noodlers Black in her journal, but if the green were to last

a couple of decades in the journal that would be good also...

Thanks

Rob B.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert B

• Arkanabar

• Russ

• Atramentarium

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If she likes Noodler's, how about Green Marine? It's waterproof. According to the new Goulet database, Noodler's makes eight waterproof green inks, and the price is right.

Edited by jmccarty3

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

My wife gave me a bottle of Diamine Sherwood, and I am very happy with it.

If your daughter is still thinking of rollerball/ballpoint greens, then a medium green like Diamine's Ultra or Woodland greens, or Omas, Pelikan, Sheaffer, or Waterman green, is probably going to be more along the lines of what she expects than a dark green like Noodler's Zhivago or a pale green like J. Herbin Vert Pré. If she has asked you to surprise her, then you're on your own, but try to look over her writing to see what sorts of colors she prefers. Otherwise, you could show her Anderson Pen's green samples. They don't show swabs or writing samples with their bottled ink, only with ink samples, and I have no idea why. Make sure she pays as much attention to the line samples as the swabs, or perhaps more. And then show her the greens at Goulet's Swab Shop (the sorting tools on their ink sale pages are not working properly for me; I'm using openSUSE 13.1, and I get the same bad results with either Firefox 33.0 or Konqueror 4.11.5).

What hue of green does she like? A true green would be Private Reserve Sherwood or Spearmint. Birght? Noodler's Green Cactus Eel. Muted but still fun (sort of olive with a great shading) R&K Alt Goldgreen. Downright muzzy and mysterious? Stipula Moss Green (and it's Italian). You can't go wrong with the Sherwoods, though. Oh, and Diamine Meadow shades beautifully and is very bright and fun. You really can't go wrong here.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

I have tried enough greens to figure out I really don't like green ink. Having said that, Diamine's Green Black is the only one I will still use on occasion. As far as greens go, It ain't bad.

[color=#444444][size=2][left]In this age of text, twitter, skype and email, receiving a good old-fashioned hand-written letter feels just like a warm hug.[/left][/size][/color][img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png[/img]

Take a look at J. Herbin Vert Empire, Diamine Evergreen and Diamine Sherwood Green. I don't like green very much, but these are the greens I would buy, in fact I already bought the Diamine ones, but I haven't tried them yet.

Thanks for all the input.. She likes any green.. But prefers a bright green the most.

Looks like I may get a couple of different bottles. Will need one, that can still be read

after years and years in a journal... And maybee a bright green for other writings.

Thanks for all the input.. I ended up with a bottle of PR Spearmint green... and another fountain pen.

Will research another green sometime.

Thanks for all the input.. I ended up with a bottle of PR Spearmint green... and another fountain pen.

Will research another green sometime.

When you do more research, have a look at Diamine Emerald, which is a very nice color. Don't know about its water resistance, though.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Two very durable inks, both pretty much waterproof, are Noodler's Hunter Green and Texas Live Oak. Hunter Green is a brighter green, although not eye-searing. Texas Live Oak is darker but still has some nice punch. There are good reviews of each here on FPN to allow you to make your own judgment.

John P.

I just purchased some Diamine Emerald for my wife. Its a nice green, but not as dark as the swab on Goulet Pens. Still, a very decent green and my wife loves it. I am personally itching to try the Faber Castell Moss Green. It looks fantastic, from the swabs anyhow.

I don't mind spending $30 for an ink I really like, but when Diamine is $12.95 for 80ml, I start thinking about having 3 new bottles instead of one... so I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I enjoy MB 146 pens, Sailor, Pilot and Platinum pens as well. I have a strong attraction to dark red and muted green ink, colors I dislike for everything but FP ink. I also enjoy practicing my handwriting and attempting to improve it. I love the feel of quality paper under a gold nib.

I personally like two greens harmonious green by waterman and vert empire by J Herbin . I love greens and blues and purples and berry colored inks .

Cathy :bunny01:

:happyberet:

Sailord Épinard (from the "Jentle Inks" series) is a quite charming and elegant dark green, with a subtle haze of olive, that can be used for everyday writing. Sailor has discontinued the production of this ink, which has been replaced with Tokiwa-Matsu (almost the same, just a bit darker). There is also a very attractive couple of twin inks I like a lot, Montblanc Irish Green and Diamine Salamander. Both of them are suitable for everyday purposes, including academic writings. And finally I recommend you Green moss by Graf von Faber Castell, not just a beautiful high-quality ink but also an opulent "de luxe" bottle (but, to tell you the truth, Diamine Sherwood is almost the same colour and four times cheaper than Graf von Faber Castell).

Another "Moss Green" ink I like, though a bit peculiar, is Stipula Calamo "Verde Muschiato", a stunning brownish green.

Here I attach a picture of some of my green inks, though the colours on screen don't reproduce too accurately the real ones.

post-118288-0-72719000-1416792102_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atramentarium

"And yet sometimes we still, as through a dream that comes and goes, know what we are, remembering what we were" (Edwin Muir)

If she likes brighter greens, Diamine Meadow is beautiful.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

Levenger Gemstone Green is bright, cheerful, a good price and a wonderful bottle.

Personally, I love greens...so I have many. You can't get a bad green.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY