Anyone Looking For A Parker 51 ?

JotterAddict62

Greetings All

Saw this Buy It Now/Make An offer on the mighty Ebay.

eBay item number:
If I did not buy all the Parkers that I did this summer I would go as high as $35 each for the lot of 30 units.
Ken

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• OcalaFlGuy

• FarmBoy

• quilterglydea

Hmm. Well, there's one demonstrator -- I guess that would go for a bit more. But that gets weighed against a number of what look like frankenpens, where the hoods and barrels don't match. And not a whole lot of info about the nibs, other than that a couple are not in good shape.

Two grand? I'll pass, thanks. Thirty 51s is an amusing "what if?" game -- but six of them is more my speed (four Aeros, two Vac fillers). Especially given that I found two in the wild about 3 weeks ago with mis-matched caps, so they were a steal. Snagged *both* of them for less than Ken's estimated max per pen on this lot. Including sales tax. :P (Of course what I *really* need is an actual "raspberry" .gif....).

Okay, I still need to track down a cap for the one for a decent price (or trade the Frontier cap that was on it) and I had to pay more for a cap than I did for the pen (!) for the Cedar Blue 51 Vac, plus then have to get the pen restored and a replacement jewel for the new cap. Which puts it more in the price range of "okay but not a steal". But watching Ernesto Soler get gleeful over it (esp. since it might have a medium nib) is *PRICELESS*.... :lol:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

There is a half demonstrator too. Also some jewels missing and 2 pens that are broken so you aren't really getting a full 30 pieces. Fun to look at.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

First, since the pencils don't look to be special, I'd consider them Freebies.

That gets you to $74 for each pen, a good number of which are for sure parts pens only.

That's crazy talk.

Without Really combing over the listing, the Plummer is a user grade only Demi. I see no way to see if the Demos are factory or Kullock. Whatever the value of the "special" items, they Aren't a big enough hit on that 2K start to bring the per pen price even Close to any galaxy of sanity.

I think you'll see this one for some time without a massive downward adjustment in the start price.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Without Really combing over the listing, the Plummer is a user grade only Demi.

HEY THERE! Whatcha got against user grade Demi Plummers? :sm_cat:

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

You know my answer to that Ruth, not a thing in the world,

Especially when they can be Made Nicer than just user grade.

I was simply addressing "user grade" and Demi as known value limiting points.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

My offer will be rejected but I'll make an offer.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

You know my answer to that Ruth, not a thing in the world,

Especially when they can be Made Nicer than just user grade.

I was simply addressing "user grade" and Demi as known value limiting points.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

But the plus side of that is that they are more likely to be a little less expensive than larger models. Well, in theory anyway. Anyway, it's how I think I managed to snag my Plummer (every one I've seen before or since was at *least* $30 US more than I paid). Is it minty? Heck no -- a fair amount of corrosion on the sac sleeve. Is it a great writer? Heck yes....

Always looking at 51s, but that's a bit much.

Demis go for less than fulls? I've never really paid attention.