• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• benincanada

• Soot

• DrCodfish

• sargetalon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen report of the S nibs but never in real life. I also haven't been able to satisfactorily translate exactly what type of nibs they are into English. What is your experience with them?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

My experience with them? They are ink guzzlers; they write real wet. A slippery paint brush!

If you're interested, here are more pictures of the SM.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30160550@N08/sets/72157641908984823/

Those are great.... do you have writing samples with the rarer nibs ?

Truth be spoken, writing samples doesn't have any meanings, they have to used to be experienced. As in stiff, wet, hard, flexy, wide, etc. etc.

Edited by Soot

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

Wow Bob, this is a cool collection of uncommon nibs!

To be honest, I didn't knot that S nibs exist at all.

I don't have that much exotic neibs in my collection. Here only a few pics:

8650501751_cff223c26b_b.jpg

First year Pelikan nib

5570260357_c8bd0ca12f_o.jpg

very flexible Pelikan 100N nib, may be Milano production

15794197476_343a8a5a8b_b.jpg

Pelikan 400, right foot oblique medium

7512904118_d2a002204e_b.jpg

Pelikan 400, very flexible "ST" stenographer nib

c.

Edited by christof

c.

Hey Christof, I didn't know S nib existed until I saw it and bought it. There are more pictures my flickr album under "Pelikan 400 S" if you hadn't already seen it. Just like DOF and DOM; they weren't documented.

Oh, I am still looking for that flexible P nib. Haha~

B.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

I've been looking into the "S" nibs for some time and didn't believe they really existed until seeing Soot's collection. What I know about them is that the S stands for Scheiben-Spitze which I believe is meant to stand for Disk-Top in English. Very scarce nibs that were available on the model 100 script nibs. It's an angled nib that is flat in the end and is known to lay down a ton of ink. It's purpose was for lettering and to produce round end lines. It came in medium, broad, and double broad configurations. Definitely not a common find. I wrote about them and the other Pelikan nibs that I've verified to exist here; http://thepelikansperch.com/2014/08/28/pelikan-fountain-pen-nib-sizes/

The variety that was available in the vintage nibs was just amazing and so much more than we have available today.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I make great blurry Ebay pictures. :rolleyes:

I do like the '30's script I have on my 100n, and I believe slightly different on my 500.

The rest of my Pelikan 2/3s vintage, 1/3 semi-vintage nibs are sort of mox-nix, run of the mill. With only a some what fancy 600 nib for that sort of fancy. My only modern Pelikan.

Thanks for the great pictures.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Fun thread! I always love flock pictures. Here's what I happen to have in my pen case today:

15797040556_9e13eea45d_b.jpg

M250 F in a M600 blue demo, M250 B in a 250 Brown Tortoise, I think a M250 OM cut to reverse oblique italic in a M205, and I believe a 400 nib stuffed into a M600. I have a thing for monotone Pelikan nibs... Nothing super special in my collection. Soot's collection though, very drool worthy!

Message me about nib work in NYC

Instagram | YouTube

Soot, great shots !

Fun thread! I always love flock pictures. Here's what I happen to have in my pen case today:

15797040556_9e13eea45d_b.jpg

M250 F in a M600 blue demo, M250 B in a 250 Brown Tortoise, I think a M250 OM cut to reverse oblique italic in a M205, and I believe a 400 nib stuffed into a M600. I have a thing for monotone Pelikan nibs... Nothing super special in my collection. Soot's collection though, very drool worthy!

Ziptrickhead, Very nice!

Mu turn to play ... :) ... :

from left to right :

- Pelikan 100 Hearthole nib (from 1929)

- Pelikan 100 N "OBBB" nib

- Pelikan 140 "KF" nib

- Pelikan 400 NN "KM" nib

- Pelikan M800 "IB" nib

- Pelikan M1005 Demo "simple "F" nib

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i404/Xof72000/PELIKANDifferentesplumes_zps957a0a87.jpg

Very nice! Those 1929 nibs look great - how do they write ??

This nib is very soft and flexy ! I really love it !

I don't have that much exotic neibs in my collection. Here only a few pics:

8650501751_cff223c26b_b.jpg

First year Pelikan nib

5570260357_c8bd0ca12f_o.jpg

very flexible Pelikan 100N nib, may be Milano production

15794197476_343a8a5a8b_b.jpg

Pelikan 400, right foot oblique medium

7512904118_d2a002204e_b.jpg

Pelikan 400, very flexible "ST" stenographer nib

c.

Right foot Oblique?!?!?

Hey, I want that!

Usually, I am unable to write with oblique nibs, but this one works amazingly well for me. It's the first I have ever seen.

Tom Westerich has currently a Pelikan 140 for sale with such a nib...

c.

edit: seems that it sold quickly. I couldn't find it again. May be he could post a picture here....?

Edited by christof

Usually, I am unable to write with oblique nibs, but this one works amazingly well for me. It's the first I have ever seen.

Tom Westerich has currently a Pelikan 140 for sale with such a nib...

c.

edit: seems that it sold quickly. I couldn't find it again. May be he could post a picture here....?

Dang! And a 140 too. However I pretty much have my quota of 140's, unless it was a grey or yellow model.