Comb-O

sarahfar

This is an Italian Leather Travelers made by Salvatore in different sizes.... The leather is thin high quality Italian and superior to Midiori.

you end up with a choice of 3 fine notebooks and a 4TH free. Great book and Salvatore takes care of you with great product and service.

You can see this on Glen Marcus site Marcuslinks, and Comb-o

Here is my miserable attempt at a pic.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/mikefarha/IMG_0143_zps314755db.jpg

oh I forgot the price delivered ito the USA for the large version is just 38 I think, Really niice book.

Best

Mike

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimhughes

• sarahfar

• BillZ

• LindaM

I tried Marcus Links and comb-o. Unable to locate a link to further investigate these Leather Notebook covers. Could you, please, supply the link to where you ordered them? Have an awesome Caturday, Jim

It comes in two sizes, three colors and it gets delivered from Italy for under 40 US. Honestly it is nicer that Midori and I like Midori too. The colors are black, brown and vintage which is what I have. Comes with 3 books lined plain or dots....

I think you'll fined it on the marcus link pens tab, but the combo site includes a drop down where you can email Salvatore and he gets back to you.

All the best

Mike

Mike:

Thanks for all your help. I had a very nice discussion with Mr. Marcus about the Notebook covers and specifically how to order them from Salvatore. I am awaiting his response to my inquiry on 2 small and 1 large cover and 6 Paper inserts to fit the 3 covers. Both you and Mr. Marcus have been most helpful to me in this search. Thank you for all your guidance and assistance in this matter, Jim

Thanks everyone. Glen Marcus was helpful in getting me connected with Salvadore. I got an immediate, first thing Monday Morning response to my inquiry and a price quote. He packaged the items and mailed them out EMS Tracking on Wednesday AM. They left Milano for a, hopefully, quick hop across the pond and a long Mountain Mule Ride into me. Great help from everyone on FPN always. Great Company/Artist to work with. Have an awesome week, Jim

Hi Mike,

You mention it is nicer than a Midori. Have you seen a Gents Razor Strop Co. Heirloom Cover to which you can compare the quality?

I've never seen a Midori in person.

Thanks, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Greg:

I have one of Tony's Notebook covers. The east Coast Faux Midori of several years ago. In general Tony's product is thicker than a Midori by a factor of 2. That's an eye balling SWAG not a micrometric measure. Tony is a bit thicker by 25% than the Davis Leather or Koch Leather ones. When mine arrive I'll give you an eyeball report on the Tony vs Salvadore models. Yes I have more Leather Notebook covers and wallets than I'll ever need. Several mates, Chi Town and Doug C remind me of that constantly, but I do like functional; leather items. Report to follow, film at eleven. Jim

I will ;et Jim answer. To me all are different and distinct. i think I have 20 or more of Chris, great whirl and he is a good friend, can highly recommend him

Different leather Tuscan not Horweem, you really have to touch it and for the book and 4 refills plus shipping, I have nothing but good things say. same for the other makers.....

Best,

Miike

Mike is right. The Leather covers are like children or pets, would you believe 6 Huskies, 1 wolf /Malamute and an Akita in an 1000 sq foot Gov't house on an Indian reservation. But I digress, they are all different, each with his/her own special traits and features, each with their own bad points, but I love them all for the good and the bad. Some go Bunny busting others you keep on a short leash around Sheep, Cows and deer livestock. Thickness of leather report to follow. Tuscan leather is softer and more pliable , albeit thinner than Horween leather, IMHO. Jim

I'm interested in the smaller Comb-o notebook covers.

Does it work as well with only one insert? I would probably only put there one notebook insert myself.

I would greatly appreciate any input on the matter.

Non notisi signi.

I have a small one on the way...but dad gum it I deleted my Routing # for the EMS package out of Italy. aftership and USPS won't call up the number in my PC's history. I've written Salvatore a note to see if still has a copy of it. My SWAG on delivery is post Turkey trot, will report soon as they get here. Sorry for the delay and inability to guess delivery date. Jim

Well the USPS Tracking Sheet says the same thing it did last Friday. Shipment being prepared, in Italy. The good news is, the Mail lady had me sign for it about 1:30 MDT today. Salvatore's hands to mine in 10 calendar days. 7 days from leaving Italy to me. Packed well enough I could have booted it out the rear ramp/lift of a C-130 at 100 knots , 50 feet above a hot LZ and it would have arrived virgo intacta. Leather is as softer and more pliable than Midori, but thicker. Closer to Davis in thickness. It works fine with only one notebook /insert. Plenty of room for 2-3 w/o damaging the appearance or functionality. I may see if S. Curnow will custom make some Tomoe River Back Pocket Inserts for it. Fantastic product, leather , craftsmanship and friendly , quick customer service. Did I mention great prices including Tracked shipping. Usual disclaimers, no affiliation, just a very happy client. If interested contact Salvatore at: info@comb-o.com

Edited by jimhughes

Interestingly, Salvatore is a family member of the Delta Pens Group. Comb-0 will have several new items in 2015. Check them out on line in the New Year. Jim

• 2 weeks later...

My small notebook arrived today. It was shipped on 11/25. VERY NICE!!! $32 complete with three insert notebooks.

Pat Barnes a.k.a. billz

A glitch in the new system? I clicked on the Edit button to add to my post and it was deleted. Original post-

My small notebook arrived today. It was shipped on 11-25. VERY NICE!! $32 complete with three inserts. I tried one of then with an Aurora Epsilon M nib loaded with Aurora Black ink. No bleed through.

Pat Barnes a.k.a. billz

My experience exactly, although I use NP nibs on Edison Pearls and Pearlettes , Kaweco Sport Al XF nib, in mine. Great service, Great Product, Outstanding service. Jim