• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jar

• gweimer1

• mannyman0729

• Tas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got one this week-end. I got a Waterman Lady Patricia that needed a new sac and some cleanup. After checking the nib and cleaning things up, this pen may just be the best writing pen I've come across. It's one of the very few that float like glass across the paper.

Both of these two.

51sb.jpg

When it comes to Fresh out of the box so to speak, my First thought is any number of 14k Sheaffer Imperials.

Their Waverly style nibs are shockingly smooth.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl-I have actually Seen the Wow! with the above 2 51s before

The first one was a Parson's Essential. I had never used an italic nib until that point. The second was my one and only and now sadly departed blue Estie J.

TWSBI 530. I bought it NOS on ebay for $20. Fine nib. This pen gave me a feel better than the Pelikan M1000 or M800 gave me. Awesome for $20.

Parker 51. Bought it in new in 1970, and it's still awesome. More even than my other 51s I came by in later years.

Two Parker Sonnets with extra fine nibs. Tiny line width but so smooth.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

My Pelikan M630. It is just a classic pen with the black barrel, sterling silver cap with the gold accents of the clip and cap lip. It also had a smooth cursive italic nib.

I used a ballpoint at the doctor's office a few weeks ago to fill in a form. The ballpoint was ok, not too scratchy and didn't need too much pressure. But then later I whipped out my Pilot Falcon SF in red with Cross Blue ink (Not my fav ink but I want to use it up to make room in my ink drawers).

I had a wow moment. I had started to take my FPs for granted. So smooth and fast and no pressure needed at all.

Long story short: I strayed from the path for one moment, only to come back born again.

>8[ This is a grumpy. Get it? Grumpy smiley? Huehue >8[

I tend to ramble and write wallotexts. I do that.

I don't mean to be facetious in any way but my new Platinum Preppy 0.2mm did just that. :wub:

I'd only owned and used it for a day but I quickly placed an order for two more :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

A few come to mind, but the TWSBI 540 with a 1.5 stub nib I received for Christmas two years ago remains the best writing pen I have ever used. Always starts right up and makes my handwriting much more elegant looking than it actually is.

I was genuinely and pleasantly surprised by my recent Esterbrook Deluxe. I wasn't expecting a 2668 nib to be so nice, but it easily rivals any of the other Esterbrook nibs I love.

My brother was gifted his very first fountain pen. It is an older Parker but we are not quite sure which one. It has a navy blue base with a white cap with what looks like fish scale gold on the cap. It is the smoothest...like butta!

meesabelle

In order of acquisition, if I can trust my memory (today is my 68th birthday!)

Sailor Magellan Tortoise

Parker Sonnet Moonglow

Parker 51

Pilot Metropolitan

Twsbi Mini

I have several Osmiroid sets, and their inexpensive italics are smooth and sharp and lay down some significant amounts of ink.

A Montblanc 254:

http://www.fototime.com/DD241C313ACCEE8/xlarge.jpg

I strongly agree with this one .... it is an absolutely beautiful pen to write with and always one of the first I reach for.

The other pen that gave me that 'WOW' moment was a 'mystery' MB I started a post about a while back, and probably identified as a War-time/Post war 44 Ersatz with a 41/2 OB steel nib ... it is a real pleasure to use.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/272565-my-rescued-mystery-montblanc/

Happy Birthday AlexLeGrande , and a Happy and prosperous 2015 to everyone!

Edited by chunya