Goulet Pens Knows Their Customer

inkyfingr

I ordered a couple of inks from Goulet Pens recently. In the box that arrived was a receipt folded into quarters. On the top quarter was a nice hand-written "Thank You" note in an interesting ink.

As I was pondering what the specific ink was, I flipped the receipt over and saw, "De Atramentis Fog Grey" written by the same hand. It was like they were reading my mind...

It's nice to buy from a company that truly understands their customer. :thumbup:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheRealScubaSteve

• Drone

• purplepen

• mitaccio

Got interested in Goulet Pens a year ago. Ordered inks, Ahabs, and Konrads. Have several Goulet nibs. Watch Brian's videos every week. All in all, feel that I have a friend in Goulet Pens.

Nicest thing that Brian's people did for me was scrounge up a few feeder tubes for my Ahabs. And send them along with an order, no cost.

Enjoy,

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

Great service from Goulet Pens. Since I live in Asia and shipping etc. is so costly, I ask them to test my pens before they go out in case there's a problem or defect. They are always happy to oblige and include a nice note with a writing sample.

The one thing that bugs me is that many say Goulet Pens puts a Tootsie Pop in the shipment as a bonus - but I have never received a Tootsie Pop in any of my Goulet shipments :( But that may not be their fault. It could be that it is being devoured by someone in Customs or something.

I have nothing but raving reviews for Goulet Pens. They have taken great care of me as I have dove in head first into the fountain pen world. I now own 7 and all have come from them. Their customer service is unparalleled. If I ever have a question, they always are ready to respond, with experience. I will always go to them.

Goulet Pens - is always my go-to company with Jet Pens running a close second. Great customer service from both.

While I have not used GPC exclusively for my FP related needs, they get most of my FP budget. They are incredibly responsive, honest and accommodating. I haven't been to many brick and mortar stores (very few in my area), but the fine folks at GPC are usually much more knowledgeable about their products than the stores I have visited (again, limited experience with other stores). They charge a fair price with customer service that is absolutely tremendous. If the same product is a few bucks more at GPC, there is no question - GPC gets my order. If they are out of stock but another company has the product in stock, I'll wait for GPC unless I need the item yesterday (hasn't happened yet).

I am in no way affiliated with the company. I just really appreciate the way they do business and want to encourage them and others to do business similarly. And, as my budget allows, I am happy to patronize any establishment that knows the product and knows the business.

My ink-swap post(s) become out of date eventually. My signature is always current. If you want to swap some ink, here's what I have: Diamine: Ancient Copper, Oxblood, Poppy Red, Red Dragon, Sherwood Green; Iroshizuku: Kon-peki, Ku-jaku, Take-sumi; Noodlers: 54th Mass, BSB, Purple Martin, X-Feather, Widow Maker; Private Reserve: Blue Suede. I'm partial to highly saturated inks, but am open to suggestions. PM if interested.

I ordered a couple of inks from Goulet Pens recently. In the box that arrived was a receipt folded into quarters. On the top quarter was a nice hand-written "Thank You" note in an interesting ink.

As I was pondering what the specific ink was, I flipped the receipt over and saw, "De Atramentis Fog Grey" written by the same hand. It was like they were reading my mind...

It's nice to buy from a company that truly understands their customer. :thumbup:

I do love what amounts to an ink swatch on their receipts. Tootsie Pops are a nice touch too. ;)

I'm not sure their sweets are allowed to ship without being declared, but whatever. It's a lolly.

The Goulet Pen Company is a great place to buy pens, although it's a pity that their brand selection isn't particularly expansive. Their service is top notch; I had a problem with a defective nib on a Pilot Falcon which I sent back upon their request for inspection and they sent me a replacement pen which worked perfectly. The ink samples that came with the replacement and the note written with the pen were a nice touch. Never had a communication issue and they were quick to reach a resolution. In more ways than one, it was an unfortunate first purchase with them, as it means that now I tend to purchase through their site even if others may have the same for cheaper.

What's a real shame though, is that the major brick-and-mortar store in the city has an absurd markup on almost all the products so it's actually cheaper for me to buy online, even with shipping and money conversion. Additionally, the service in that store is terrible too, so it's easy to see why I prefer the Goulet Pen Company. The only downside is the long delivery period.

I love 'em. They helped me get started with my little journey. Somewhat limited selection of pens that might interest me but other than that, no complaints.

Great service from Goulet Pens. Since I live in Asia and shipping etc. is so costly, I ask them to test my pens before they go out in case there's a problem or defect. They are always happy to oblige and include a nice note with a writing sample.

The one thing that bugs me is that many say Goulet Pens puts a Tootsie Pop in the shipment as a bonus - but I have never received a Tootsie Pop in any of my Goulet shipments :( But that may not be their fault. It could be that it is being devoured by someone in Customs or something.

I think it is your Customs office. I've read a few other posts here that there have been notices forwarded with the package from GPC slapping their hands for sending undeclared food items.

Been shopping with them since it was a home based business with no employees outside of Brian. Never had an issue and have a lot of respect for the way they run there business.

Been shopping with them since it was a home based business with no employees outside of Brian. Never had an issue and have a lot of respect for the way they run there business.

I've had two issues - both very minor and not a fault of theirs, but the product. In both instances they took care of the problem with prompt communication. I love the extra effort they go through to please their customer base, but I often find how a company deals with problems to be even more telling.

I think it is your Customs office. I've read a few other posts here that there have been notices forwarded with the package from GPC slapping their hands for sending undeclared food items.

You know, you might be right. BTW, besides putting a deadly poison Tootsie Pop in the shipment (muaaahahaha), I may have a way to figure out at least half the mystery of the missing Tootsie:

I trans-ship the box from Goulet through my Forwarder in Florida. The Forwarder takes a picture of the box and contents before sending it on to me (usually consolidated with other things) in a DHL shipment. It is at that point where I should be able to tell if the Tootsie Pop is still there or not.

I'm a big fan of Goulet Pens.

Although being in the UK means I can't buy anything worth more than $24 at any one time, and shipping is very expensive, I regularly place an order every year when I'm in the US and I love their Ink Drop.

I'm looking forward to December when Ink Drop restarts. Next year I'm going to have to buy the sample rack to put my samples in.

I'm also a fan. They have the knack of making you feel like you're a very special customer, in a small group of enthusiasts. Very personal service in a world of increasing impersonal treatment. That little extra bit on your invoice, or the videos and Q&A make them stand out.

I'm enjoying that TWSBI 580 with the American flag button on top I bought from them. I never had an EF nib and I write with this thing every day. One of their specials that sold out quickly and was restocked. By the way, the EF nib makes it possible for me to write on my work thank-you notes, which do not have good stock inside--ink tends to bleed. The EF nib lets me write on them without getting too broad a stroke.

Mostly, however, I use them for ink. They have an amazing selection of ink. And you can get those samples,

You know, you might be right. BTW, besides putting a deadly poison Tootsie Pop in the shipment (muaaahahaha), I may have a way to figure out at least half the mystery of the missing Tootsie:

I trans-ship the box from Goulet through my Forwarder in Florida. The Forwarder takes a picture of the box and contents before sending it on to me (usually consolidated with other things) in a DHL shipment. It is at that point where I should be able to tell if the Tootsie Pop is still there or not.

The Tootsie Pop Virus can decimate entire species' of indigenous plants and wildlife. :rolleyes:

So far, the only time I've used another retailer is when I needed some repair supplies for my Esterbrooks (I have to share my love of Anderson Pens too). I've never had any problems with their service, and their delivery times are PDQ.

ETA - realized it wasn't clear which company I was referring to, then decided that the statement applies to both :)

Edited by injesticate