Hakase Visit And Order

mchenart

I guess my question is whether a clip plus a gold band will look good on the flat top pen. I am beginning to think perhaps not. Maybe just the gold ban?d

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mchenart

• Namo

• daoud62

• vam272

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, vam272, I saw some very smart looking Hakase's at the recent Taipei pen meet with flat tops and clips. These pens all belong to our pen friend, Super. As you can see, they all have clips, small and long in different designs, and one has a cap band. If by 'gold band' you meant the 'nipple' band, I don't see any reason why that too, might look bad on a flat top Hakase. Trust your instincts.

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/mchenart/DSCF3632_zpsb6a3dc7b.jpg

Namo, the long pen that is reproduced on the cover of their brochure is indeed a desk model. You will see a couple of desk pens in the back of the fourth picture too.

As for nibs other than Pilot's, I am not sure if Mr. Yamamoto would agree to fit one on their pen. However, if you have a particular reason for swapping nibs, perhaps you can write him directly to see how he feels on that.

Thanks! If in some very improbable future I am able to order such a pen, I will make sure I can have the nib I like. Pilot nibs are fantastic, but just not my cup of tea.

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

mchenart, slightly off-topic but I PM'ed you a couple of days ago regarding an query about Taiwanese artisan-crafted pens, specifically Jackson's Pens and the brand 3952/Old Mountain Goat. Would love to learn more about these brands! Thanks!

Thank you very much for this detailed story. My Hakase tortoise shell, and sandalwood pens see use every day since they arrived! Ruud

http://www.rhkoning.com/penpics/hakase/52230/hakase52230-and-takuta-pouch-at1000.jpg

http://www.rhkoning.com/penpics/hakase/hakase%20tortoise.jpg

Does anyone know who makes the nibs for Hakase

Pilot currently makes Hakase's nibs, but there was a time, long ago, when Hakase was using Sailor nibs and feeds (without Hakase's imprint). Whether Hakase would be willing to make a pen with another manufacturer's nib is a good question.

Wonder why they switched from Sailor to Pilot

Pilot currently makes Hakase's nibs, but there was a time, long ago, when Hakase was using Sailor nibs and feeds (without Hakase's imprint). Whether Hakase would be willing to make a pen with another manufacturer's nib is a good question.

Hakase still has an option for using Sailor nibs in the DX series. http://fp-hakase.com/spec.html

You caused me to relive my own awe-inspiring visit to Tottori in March 2013. Ryo-san is an impeccable host, and a dedicated artisan. I, like you, enjoyed watching him work, and enjoyed getting to know the tiny little corner of one little street in Tottori where these treasures are produced one at a time.

Your photographs make me envious of your talents.

I, too, am waiting to see your pens once you receive them. Trust me, and I speak from experience, as you know: the wait is excruciating.

Hi daoud62, Thanks for you kind words. Yes, Ryo-san is indeed super meticulous and patient. I will definitely post pictures of my new pens once thet are received.

Thank you very much for this detailed story. My Hakase tortoise shell, and sandalwood pens see use every day since they arrived! Ruud

Thank you rhk. Your tortoise shell and sandalwood Hakases are just fantastic writing instrument. I am sure they write as well as they look.

such a great post. i do hope to visit Hakase one day. or at least get to own one of their pens. thank you for sharing.

-rudy-

I have sent two emails to Hakase concerning formalizing an order for a Rosewood pen, but there has been no reply.

Does anyone know how to get an answer from them?

Am I doing something wrong?

I have sent two emails to Hakase concerning formalizing an order for a Rosewood pen, but there has been no reply.

Does anyone know how to get an answer from them?

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi there,

The address you are using, no doubt, is the correct one: info@fp-hakase.com.

In my experience over the past few years, Ryo-san is dealing with a bizarre spam filter which sometimes allows e-mails in and sometimes dumps them, almost capriciously. I have purchased a number of pens from him over the years, and my e-mail address is well-known to his system, but even my mails get diverted to the spam folder occasionally.

My suggestion is that you send the same message from a different e-mail address, if you have one. If you do not, I would be happy to reply to my last e-mail from him with a request that he contact you about an order; all I need for you to do is to send me your e-mail address by PM.

Good luck!

David

Well, vam272, I saw some very smart looking Hakase's at the recent Taipei pen meet with flat tops and clips. These pens all belong to our pen friend, Super. As you can see, they all have clips, small and long in different designs, and one has a cap band. If by 'gold band' you meant the 'nipple' band, I don't see any reason why that too, might look bad on a flat top Hakase. Trust your instincts.

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/mchenart/DSCF3632_zpsb6a3dc7b.jpg

Thanks. Very helpful.

• 1 year later...

Hakase still does make pens using Sailor nibs... you got to specify though as they are limited to smaller nib sizes (non KoP size) larger nibs = Pilot though

he has access to what would be Pilot's equivalent to a number 5 and 10 nibs when it comes to Sailor and they come out from time to time last time I checked his website he has pens with Sailor nibs on them

Edited by Algester