Your Avatar Pen?

dornblaser

I enjoy looking at everyone's avatars. The cat ones resonate with me. However, there are a number of pens in avatars that I can't identify. Partly it is because the picture is small. If you have a pen as your current avatar picture would you be kind enough to identify it and explain a little why you chose it for your avatar? Thanks.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dornblaser

• Baric

• SujiCorp12345

• chas0039

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pelikan M800 Tortoise

It was my first expensive pen, my first Pelikan , my first broad, my first stub, and to this day, is my favourite pen.

Edited by Suji

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

Baignol Tank 400, French, ca. 1946, ED filled.

Extremely rare, which does not really reflect on the price once you actually manage to find one (Two on Ebay in a 12 months period !!!).

Unfortunately came sans nib. Managed to fit a vintage Kaweco steel nib into it, after having pressed the nib in a hot press for an hour (speaking of guerrilla DIY).

It worked quite well for a couple months with the feed supplying enough ink for the flexible nib.

Eventually, it started to leak.

It`s one of my coolest (and the only transparent vintage eyedropper i know of) & ,sans nib, my saddest pen!

It was also my first successful attempt at pen photography (or so I like to think).

Edited by Polanova

Conway Stewart 18ct italic broad nib on a Winston in Classic Claret

I chose it because I really like the simple, elegant looks. To that point it was the nicest nib and pen I owned and I was all excited at the time ;-) so I made it my avatar.

http://home.comcast.net/~baric/images/CS-Winston-closed.png

http://home.comcast.net/~baric/images/CS-Winston-open.png

http://home.comcast.net/~baric/images/CS-Winston-nib.png

Mine is the Montblanc Heritage 1912. The pen looks great and writes even better so I made it my avatar.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Mine is a melange of pens, obviously chosen primarily for their colour. I only actually own two of the pens (Safari and Urban), and not even in those colours!

The full list (barring one I've forgotten), top to bottom, is:

Monteverde Artista Crystal

Stipula ???

Lamy Safari

Parker Duofold Mandarin Yellow

Aurora Ipsilon (cap only)

OMAS Art Deco

Faber Castell Ondoro

Platignum Studio

Parker Duofold Big Red

Sheaffer Ferrari 300

Red pen which I can't remember!

Lamy Al Star

Waterman Hemisphere

Visconti Rembrandt

Pelikan M205

Parker Urban Premium

Parker 75, Ingenuity, Premier, Sonnet, Urban | Pelikan M400 | TWSBI Diamond 580 | Visconti Rembrandt

Currently inked: Diamine Apple Glory (Rembrandt), Pelikan 4001 Turquoise (M400), Lamy Black (Diamond 580)

Parker Duofold Centennial. I can't really say why, but the blue marble late 1980s version will be the pen others will try to emulate but will always fail. Maybe because it was the first really high quality pen I ever owned. Maybe because my first fountain pens were Parker 45s. Maybe because Parker has such a great history and tradition. No other company ever came close.

Cambookpro, I love your color choices!

Edited by chas0039

Parker Duofold Centennial. I can't really say why, but the blue marble late 1980s version will be the pen others will try to emulate but will always fail. Maybe because it was the first really high quality pen I ever owned. Maybe because my first fountain pens were Parker 45s. Maybe because Parker has such a great history and tradition. No other company ever came close.

Cambookpro, I love your color choices!

We have both the blue and green versions of that pen/pen set.

Visconti Homo Sapiens Lava Bronze, one of the most sturdy and beautiful pens I have. I goes everywhere with me.

This is a stock photo, I tried uploading my own pictures, but the website says the file is too big :(

Nicholas I.

"It is much more interesting to live life not knowing, than having answers which might be wrong."

"Courage is grace under pressure" ~ Ernest Hemingway

Visconti Homo Sapiens Lava Bronze, one of the most sturdy and beautiful pens I have. I goes everywhere with me.

This is a stock photo, I tried uploading my own pictures, but the website says the file is too big :(

Nicholas I.

If you upload the image on a image uploading site ( such as Tinypic), then you can post images here that exceed 1 MB, by pressing the "Image" button and pasting the URL the photo uploading site would have given you.

Edited by Suji

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

We have both the blue and green versions of that pen/pen set.

I have yet to get the green as I have heard it is a bit rare, but I have the burgundy and blue International as well as a few roller ball versions.

Edited by chas0039

Conway Stewart 100 Bespoke pen in Amethyst. I got it a few years ago at the Ohio Pen Show. I broke the cardinal rule of pens shows and bought the first pen I saw...never regretted it. It is still one of the most beautiful pens I own.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k526/stylobug33/Pens%20and%20Paper%202012%20and%20earlier/8F4F40F3-41E9-4495-92ED-7CB5B3264F4D-4072-000005CD88CD8CA7.jpg

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k526/stylobug33/Pens%20and%20Paper%202012%20and%20earlier/8b82911b.jpg

God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.

-Bill Waterson

TWSBI 540 in a kilt.

Just because.

Yeah. I don't know either...

"Spend all you want! We'll print more!" - B. S. (What's a Weimar?) Bernanke

Mine is currently a Sheaffer Snorkel Clipper.

Parker 51 Aerometric (F), Sheaffer Snorkel Clipper (PdAg F), Sheaffer Snorkel Statesman (M), red striated Sheaffer Balance Jr. (XF), Sheaffer Snorkel Statesman desk set (M), Reform 1745 (F), Jinhao x450 (M), Parker Vector (F), Pilot 78g (F), Pilot Metropolitan (M), Esterbrook LJ (9555 F), Sheaffer No-Nonsense calligraphy set (F, M, B Italic), Sheaffer School Pen (M), Sheaffer Touchdown Cadet (M), Sheaffer Fineline (341 F), Baoer 388 (F), Wearever lever-filler (M).

Conway Stewart 100 Bespoke pen in Amethyst. I got it a few years ago at the Ohio Pen Show. I broke the cardinal rule of pens shows and bought the first pen I saw...never regretted it. It is still one of the most beautiful pens I own.

Conway Stewart made some of the most gorgeous pens available in recent years, despite some increasing quality problems before their demise. It's sad that the company is now defunct once again. I carry a Belliver to work everyday along with my M800 and Neo Standard.

Mine is the hand engraved sterling silver and acrylic veneer Conway Stewart Windsor limited edition, number 15/100. My grail pen. I had one on order in 2006 with Swisher pens in Virginia. After waiting over a year for it, they informed me that somehow my order had slipped through the cracks (after months of making up excuses for the delay). After years of searching, my dear wife found this one on eBay last year, brand new in box, and bought it for me! Cheaper than the original one I had on order too!

Mine is the hand engraved sterling silver and acrylic veneer Conway Stewart Windsor limited edition, number 15/100. My grail pen. I had one on order in 2006 with Swisher pens in Virginia. After waiting over a year for it, they informed me that somehow my order had slipped through the cracks (after months of making up excuses for the delay). After years of searching, my dear wife found this one on eBay last year, brand new in box, and bought it for me! Cheaper than the original one I had on order too!

Sometimes, things just work out for the best, even if it's not what we initially wanted.