Seeking Advice On Oversized Montblanc Boheme

jebib111

Since you are reading this you are probably familiar with the Oversized Montblanc Boheme. I just received one in the mail yesterday and like it quite well. As most of you may attest many of us who carry a fountain pen also for the more pedestrian things will also carry a ballpoint. In most every instance if there is a fountain pen there is a ballpen to match. This is not the case with this fountain pen. The Boheme ballpoint next to this thing is like comparing Mutt to Jeff. So...................... what I'm interested in your opinion on is what ballpoint do you think would be a nice accompaniment to the Oversized Boheme? I'm thinking a Writers Edition(?) but what one? In general guess it ought to be a Montblanc, right? Thanks for indulging me, regards, bib

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mister Mont Blanc

• Jackson

• Michael R.

• HermetiC

I really wish I could help you with this one but I personally would go with the regular-sized Boheme because the design matches. However, I would like to ask where you got your oversized Boheme? I have been looking for one for a long time! The problem is I can't find a proper name to search by. I have found no item number and it's been referred to as oversized Boheme, big Boheme, XL or XXL Boheme, etc.

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

I really wish I could help you with this one but I personally would go with the regular-sized Boheme because the design matches. However, I would like to ask where you got your oversized Boheme? I have been looking for one for a long time! The problem is I can't find a proper name to search by. I have found no item number and it's been referred to as oversized Boheme, big Boheme, XL or XXL Boheme, etc.

In the past few weeks, three big Bohèmes (all new, I think) sold on eBay for $400-500. Mine was $305, new, same source.

In the past few weeks, three big Bohèmes (all new, I think) sold on eBay for $400-500. Mine was $305, new, same source.

That IS a good price - I figured >$500 is pretty much the norm.

WOW I'm crying right now!! How was it listed as?

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

Hi what about HONORÈ DE BALZAC

That would be a nice match. It has the nice flat top too!

I've seen a few listed as "long model" but they don't appear to be the bigger size like the 149. They say they're made in France and have a longer section but they have a jewel in the clip, I was told the biggest one came with a plain clip.

The best design match would be the plain clip version (without stone) ballpoint pen and silver trim. ...but size difference is significant ;-)

A silver trim LeGrand Meisterstück ballpoint would look nice as well (also special version like the Unicef or Diamond).

The Swift WE or Mann WE are also nice ballpoints with a black and silver color theme.

Cheers

Michael

Edited by Michael R.

WOW I'm crying right now!! How was it listed as?

Fortunate timing, thats all. I happened on a Buy It Now sale just as it was listed.

On closer look, the more recent eBay bid-listings I referenced were for (barely) used pens.

Edited by Jackson

Fortunate timing, thats all. I happened on a Buy It Now sale just as it was listed.

On closer look, the more recent eBay bid-listings I referenced were for (barely) used pens.

Well nice find! But how was it listed as in the description? Like was it "Big Boheme" or "XL Boheme" "Large Boheme" ?

I'm just trying to figure out how to accurately search for one :)

Edited by Mister Mont Blanc

Well nice find! But how was it listed as in the description? Like was it "Big Boheme" or "XL Boheme" "Large Boheme" ?

I'm just trying to figure out how to accurately search for one :)

Described as "the larger size Bohème."

Then I've been lucky buying mine: 195 euros in mint condition :D

Then I've been lucky buying mine: 195 euros in mint condition :D

Wow, thats less than $250--nice find...!

Montblanc Boheme Platinum Line No. 25152

Described as "the larger size Bohème."

Thank you!! I didn't mean to hijack your thread

Montblanc Boheme Platinum Line No. 25152

Ooooh a model number :D Thank you!!