What Is Your Favourite Lamy Safari/ Al-Star Color Ever?

gammada

Considering the ever expanding colors and editions of the Lamy Safari/ Al-Star lineup, I was wondering what colors are the most sought after here on FPN. Do you own that particular favorite or are you looking for it?

In my personal case, it's got to be the Coffee Al-Star and the NK-edition Charcoal with red clip. What's yours?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gammada

• Alexcat

• fountainpenlady

• Tas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Champagne - love the elegant colour. And I'm happy to own it!

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

White for me. I love the grey accent of the cap button, and inks always look better coming out of it.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

Charcoal; Though I am planning to replace the nib.

Opensuse_2.png http://www.gnu.org/graphics/gnubanner-2.png

Looking for: Camlin pens (minus SD/Trinity/Elegante)

I don't have one, but I really love the Turquoise Safari they did a few years back.

That'll be the Aquamarine, and yes, it looks quite nice and stands out from the other colors.

I'm loving the neon yellow special edition... But I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet because I'm trying to avoid a "collect them all" mentality around my Safaris. That way lies madness!

Edited by thesunshine

It's quite nice out here in the sunshine...

A WHITE joy.

And it has been discontinued.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

I covet the Ruby Red Al- Star. They come up on Ebay for prices in the $80.00 range.

Last time I checked, they're going for more than $140!!! (at least those pens from Canada/ USA). I want one badly.

A WHITE joy.

And it has been discontinued.

There's a pen shop here that still carries the white Joy. If my mind is not betraying me, they have the gift set with the pack of cartridges and two nibs with sections. Check here: miguelangel.com.mx

I'm loving the neon yellow special edition... But I have pulled the trigger on one yet because I'm trying to avoid a "collect them all" mentality around my Safaris. That way lies madness!

LOL indeed!

The silver-blue Al-Star, hands down.

Hello Everyone,

This one is my vote as well; altough I'm also fond of the current Ocean Blue issue. The Champagne and Coffee are also quite nice... and they also go with my eyes. :rolleyes: Then again, the current LE blue-green is a neat color and so is...... :huh: NUTS!! I kind of like them all!! (Except the fire engine red Safari - I don't think I'll ever own that one).

Best regards,

Chris

Edited by LamyOne

- He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me; and I in him. (JN 6:57)

- "A woman clothed in the sun," (REV 12.1); The Sun Danced at Fatima, Portugal; October 13, 1917.

- Thank you Blessed Mother and St. Jude for Graces and Blessings obtained from Our Lord.

Right now it would have to be my pearl Al Star. Took me a while to deal with the chrome clip and the gold pen but we've overcome that hurdle now! Having said that I have the coffee one in the mail, cant wait to add that one to my collection. Ive seen the ballpoint version a couple of times in real life and Im completely in love with that colour.

Pelikan M205 F Rohrer & Klingner Verdigris - Pilot VP F Iroshizuku Kon-peki - Pilot Falcon SF Iroshizuku Tsutsuji

Lamy Safari EF Noodlers Black - Lamy Al Star 1.1 Private Reserve Rose Rage - Lamy Safari F Diamine Flamingo Pink - Lamy Al Star F Waterman Inspired Blue

TWSBI 580AL F - Omas Violet - TWSBI 580AL M De Atramentis Sherlock Holmes - TWSBI Vac700 F - Diamine Grey

........Took me a while to deal with the chrome clip and the gold pen but we've overcome that hurdle...............

Hello Jenifermarie,

I know just what you mean - I used to drive through a neighborhood where someone owned a gold Chrysler with a silver vinyl top - every time I saw that car, I cringed a little. :D

Best regards,

Chris

- He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me; and I in him. (JN 6:57)

- "A woman clothed in the sun," (REV 12.1); The Sun Danced at Fatima, Portugal; October 13, 1917.

- Thank you Blessed Mother and St. Jude for Graces and Blessings obtained from Our Lord.