2312 Italic Nib

redbike

I've been going through the Estie nibs I've acquired and one of them is a 2312 Italic Medium. The writing surface does not have the folded tip found on other 2xxx series nibs, or any tipping at all; it's just a flat surface. Is this how the nib was made, or has it lost its tip? I can post a picture later today if needed.

Thanks,

jim

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redbike

• Randal6393

• OcalaFlGuy

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't address the 2312 but I Can Say that the 2048 came NOS with no fold over.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl-yep, what the heck were they thinking

An italic nib is often just a flat surface. Made that way because a crisp italic may regularly need sharpening to stay crisp. Although I have italic pens that have not needed sharpening in years.

Enjoy,

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

I have 2312 nibs. One came NOS in the little box, and the other that I can find came on a pen. There is and was a very flat tipping on each. Both are pleasant nibs to write with. I also have at least one 9312, and the 9312 has more apparent tipping, also very flat. It looks to me like they made these nibs with tipping and then ground the tipping down flat.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Thanks for the input. It sounds like I have a nib in decent shape rather than another 1 or 2xxx series nib without its tip.