• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• caliken

• HalloweenHJB

• DBQMary

• Millefleurs

Stunning. I can only hope my handwriting looks half as good someday.

Ken!!! I see you are better than ever! Really amazing example of Spencerian script. I am in love with that capital I in the word "Imagine". Brilliant lead-in ovals, I don't think I have seen it done that way before but it looks incredible. The whole thing is incredible. Your writing is so nice that it's easy for one to overlook just how fine that lettering really is. I've been struggling with Spencerian for a couple of years now, so it really speaks to me when I see something done this well!

Maker of Custom Oblique Pen Holders

Visit me at http://uniqueobliques.etsy.com

Just wondering if you use some type of guide, or if you draw lines in pencil to keep the proportions even. I am in awe of the diminutive size of the minuscules, and the super long ascenders and descenders. Really magnificent control.

Just wondering if you use some type of guide, or if you draw lines in pencil to keep the proportions even. I am in awe of the diminutive size of the minuscules, and the super long ascenders and descenders. Really magnificent control.

I reduced the size so that could get it to fit on an FPN page. Here it is at the original written size.

I normally use guidelines, as I can achieve more accuracy and consistency that way..

fpn_1414158421__dickens_great_expectatio

Ken!!! I see you are better than ever! Really amazing example of Spencerian script. I am in love with that capital I in the word "Imagine". Brilliant lead-in ovals, I don't think I have seen it done that way before but it looks incredible. The whole thing is incredible. Your writing is so nice that it's easy for one to overlook just how fine that lettering really is. I've been struggling with Spencerian for a couple of years now, so it really speaks to me when I see something done this well!

Thanks Brian. As ever, I appreciate your insight and assessment.

I've been following your study of Spencerian script for the past couple of years, and I think that your progress is an object lesson to anyone wishing to learn this particular script. Your application has been admirable and from your posts, your steady progress can be clearly seen over the period.

I think that Salman's progress in achieving a high standard in Copperplate, is an object lesson to us all, showing what is possible given dedication and study and I think that your work is very similar in that regard, and IMHO you are now certainly justified in describing yourself as a fully-fledged Spencerian.

A couple of years ago, there was a call to remove old posts as redundant. I was among those who argued against that move as I felt that earlier posts are of great value, as our subjects don't go out of date. Being able to chart the progress of yourself, Salman and others via periodic posts is a case in point, and your route to success will be of great value and encouragement to those just starting out.

Ken

Edited by Ken Fraser

I reduced the size so that could get it to fit on an FPN page. Here it is at the original written size.

I normally use guidelines, as I can achieve more accuracy and consistency that way..

fpn_1414158421__dickens_great_expectatio

Splendid. And Great Expectations is one of my favorite Dickens novels. Excellent choice.

Edited by HalloweenHJB

Your rendition of this hand is breathtakingly beautiful, you would have been top of the class and a teacher at all the Spencerian Colleges.

Thanks for posting the real size version, I could not read the other size. This happens, I believe because the shading of Spencerian is counter intuitive to someone used to Copperplate or plain French handwriting style.

Your advice of not studying Spencerian and Copperplate simultaneously, is very wise, indeed.

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

• 4 months later...

This whole rendering is gorgeous but that capital D in Dickens made me really stop and stare.