Help! Want To Purchase A New Rollerball / Purchase Made!

hcd615

Hi, I am sorta a newbie you can say, so sorry for dumb questions.

I really love RB pens. I recently purchased a Waterman Hemisphere RB. The pen writes nice. I like a thinner / lighter pen. I was thinking of getting a MB RB now. I like the Meisterstück Platinum Line Classique RB (2865) and I also saw a neat RB pen, the Cruise Collection Atlantic RB (111846). Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of those two pens. My Waterman pen with the cap on the back posted is 6" and I like that length. I called MB and they have the Cruise Collection RB in stock, but said it is light and shorter then regular MB RB, but couldn't give me dimensions he said. If you have any pics please post them

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/e38a7ab9/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"> </script>

Edited by hcd615
removing email, too dangerous on an open forum

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hcd615

• littlepen

• Z-Tab

• SE1980

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cons £150+ is a lot to spend on what is in effect a refill holder Montblanc refills are expensive and are not as good as some other brands .

Pros its Montblanc you know the quality is there the classic is a very nice if little small pen well balanced .

Is there any reason your not contemplating a fountain pen ?

No FP, I do a lot of carbon copy papers and a lot of applications with multiple sheets so I have to go quick, no time to dry, lol

Tobe honest if going for Montblanc go for the classic yes there more than the cruise line but it's classic Montblanc style if there a little thin try looking a the starwalker range.

I actually saw the Midnight Black Starwalker. It shows finalizer on the MB website, can it be a RB also??

The other advantage to starwalkers you can change between rollerball and fine liner inserts. Depends on budget and style preference.

Any rollerball (except the Legrand) will take fineliner refills and vice versa. The Legrand will only take Legrand refills, which only come in blue and black.

With MB rollerballs, you have to be very cautious about fakes, since they are heavily counterfeited. Easiest way to guarantee you get a real one is going to a boutique, but there are a few tell-tale marks that good eBay auctions will put on display to demonstrate authenticity.

I haven't seen a Cruise, but the Classique (163) is pretty small, the Legrand is pretty big, and the Starwalkers fall in the middle. If the Cruise is smaller than the 163, I'd want to hold one before I bought it.

Yes, thank you Z-TAB. I am on my way to a local MB Boutique to purchase I think a Midnight Black Starwalker. Keep you guys posted...

Edited by hcd615

Does anyone have the Resin / Platinum and/or the Midnight Black? Which one do you like better. The local store doesn't have them now so I am ordering direct from MB online website (don't want to get a fake somewhere else).

For the starwalker series, I only like the carbon series but they're very costly, at least to me. :P

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

Ok, I called Mont Blanc because their website was down for maintenance and I just placed my order. I purchased:

08485 - Starwalker Resin / Platinum Fineliner

105656 - Starwalker Midnight Black Fineliner

111846 - Cruise Collection Atlantic Blue Rollerball

105162 - Fine Rollerball Black Ink 2pk

105158 - Medium Rollerball Black Ink 2pk

Overnight shipping so I will have by 10:30am tomorrow and I can look and decide which pen I like the most.

Thank you to all you guys for your help.

Howard

Edited by hcd615

Yes, please share some pictures when they arrive. I have the black resin Starwalker fineliner/rollerball. It is a very nice pen. I hope you enjoy your purchases for many years to come.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

The Starwalker pens arrived. The Blue Cruise Collection pen arrived also, but I love the Starwalker so much more that I am not even considering keeping it.

I purchased both Starwalker pens so I could see the difference between the Resin / Platinum and the Midnight Black Edition. In the pictures the Midnight Black is on the top. To me you can not really tell the difference at all. I have never written with a fineliner before, wow, pretty neat.

I know it is my choice, but what are your thoughts.....

post-27577-0-34199200-1414163706_thumb.jpg

post-27577-0-37447000-1414163719_thumb.jpg

post-27577-0-95404300-1414163735_thumb.jpg

The Starwalker pens arrived. The Blue Cruise Collection pen arrived also, but I love the Starwalker so much more that I am not even considering keeping it.

I purchased both Starwalker pens so I could see the difference between the Resin / Platinum and the Midnight Black Edition. In the pictures the Midnight Black is on the top. To me you can not really tell the difference at all. I have never written with a fineliner before, wow, pretty neat.

I know it is my choice, but what are your thoughts.....

I have the Midnight Black RB and it is - IMO - a beautiful pen. I also like the Black Metal version, which has been discontinued.

I am just keeping the Starwalker Midnight Black model. I have been using it all day, wow I love the fineliner, so smooth.

Ok, next question, what should I carry the Starwalker in? I see Montblanc makes a single pen sheath #101871, but it was very tight in that. I would like to put it in something nice so I can put it in my front pocket and not have it get scratched from keys, my Chris Reeve Sebenza Knife, etc...

Any suggestions?

Edited by hcd615