If Anyone Could Identify What Model/version This Aeromatic Parker 51 Was?

mitto

I see Ernesto beat me to it.

Wrong clip on that pen as I suggested earlier.

It happens but if you like the look don't worry about it.

FarmBoy

Thank you too dear FarmBoy. Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• FarmBoy

• Matlock

• icardoth

Unfortunately, you have a marriage of parts, one ways or another. That is definitely an aerometric cap and is not the same as the one you pictured from my site. The only clip that would have ever been fitted to that cap would be the plain arrow clip. Why? The cap band has "Parker" on the band and thus, a clip with "Parker" would be redundant. Once Parker switched clips to the plain arrow, the brand name was also moved...Furthermore, that clip did not come from a 51 vac. It is came from a Parker Vacuamatic. The diameter of that clip ring is to big to accommodate the taper of the 51 cap. The difference is slight, but it can easily be seen in your pictures that it does not fit well.

Ernesto

parker51.com

As an afterthought , could u help me in finding a clip corresponding to the cap?

Khan M. Ilyas

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, you have a marriage of parts, one ways or another. That is definitely an aerometric cap and is not the same as the one you pictured from my site. The only clip that would have ever been fitted to that cap would be the plain arrow clip. Why? The cap band has "Parker" on the band and thus, a clip with "Parker" would be redundant. Once Parker switched clips to the plain arrow, the brand name was also moved...Furthermore, that clip did not come from a 51 vac. It is came from a Parker Vacuamatic. The diameter of that clip ring is to big to accommodate the taper of the 51 cap. The difference is slight, but it can easily be seen in your pictures that it does not fit well.

Ernesto

parker51.com

I think that is only the shadow that makes you believe the clip came from a Parkrr Vacumatic. See here and please think over it again : Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

The earlier picture taken from diffent angle was this . Since the picture was taken from the barrel end side of the pen this may have caused the shadow leading to your believing that the clip ring size was bigger to accomodate the taper of the cap. And , hence , it came from a Parker Vacumatic. Please see.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

It is still not a clip from a "51".

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

It is still not a clip from a "51".

No way to disagre with you. But I see no clip ring difference . The clip looks to me as tightly fitted to the cap as can be.

Khan M. Ilyas

No way to disagre with you. But I see no clip ring difference . The clip looks to me as tightly fitted to the cap as can be.

Yes, there is a Vacumatic clip that is almost the correct diameter. The reason we know it is NOT a "51" clip is there were no "51" clips that had the PARKER inscription that lacked a blue diamond.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Yes, there is a Vacumatic clip that is almost the correct diameter. The reason we know it is NOT a "51" clip is there were no "51" clips that had the PARKER inscription that lacked a blue diamond.

Not quite true, although it makes no difference in this case. 51 pencils had Parker inscribed clips with no blue diamond but, of course, they are a different diameter. As I said it is not relevent in this case.

Peter

Not quite true, although it makes no difference in this case. 51 pencils had Parker inscribed clips with no blue diamond but, of course, they are a different diameter. As I said it is not relevent in this case.

So what is it that is relevant in this case? I am very much confused.

Khan M. Ilyas

I think the point that FarmBoy made is relevent, in as much, that no Parker 51 FOUNTAIN PEN had a Parker inscribed clip without a blue diamond. This means that your 51 has an incorrect clip. The point I made was to ensure that no one who owns a Parker 51 mechanical pencil believes that is not genuine because it lacks the blue diamond. The blue diamond was to indicate the lifetime guarentee which only applied to fountain pens.

Peter