Now I Know Why You Should Keep Parts Together In Baggies

jdllizard

I was working on two el cheapo pens tonight, an EPENCO Fountain Pen and Pencil all-in-one thingy (excuse my technical teminology) and a pen marked "A.N.C. Paragon". I was able to remove both sections without any trouble and took them into the bathroom to rinse out the nibs as best I could then drop them into a shot glass of water for a few hours to soak.

I came back to them later on and rinsed them some more, dried them and brought them out to my work area where I checked the sections to make sure I had the right sized sacs for each one and cleaned them up a bit more removing old sac remnants from the sections etc etc.

Then somewhere along the way I got distracted. When I came back to work on them again, the section for the A.N.C. Paragon had mysteriously vanished. No one was around here, I live alone in a basemnt apartment and they had only been in my work area and in my bathroom. How in all that is holy did one of them disappear?? I have torn this place apart looking and I can not find it ANYWHERE!!!

It's not like the bathroom or my work area is cluttered or disorganized either, both are pretty clean and sparse (for a change), not many places for something to hide, but that thing is flat out gone. I've been up all night searching and still no luck.

This will be the last time I take a pen apart and don't immediately put it and all it's parts into a baggie, you can bet on that.

peeved and confused in Nebraska.

John L

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jdllizard

• Redbarchettayyz

• mhguda

• ScienceChick

The Void got it. IME, you may get it back - and find it in an unlikely place.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

-snip-

Then somewhere along the way I got distracted.

-snip-

No one was around here, I live alone in a basemnt apartment

-snip-

peeved and confused in Nebraska.

Scary.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

The section was calling from inside the house!

The Highlander was a documentary, and the events happened in real time.

Montblanc|Pelikan|Geha|Senator|Sailor|Pilot

Your resident mouse or rat is now into fountain pen repair and needed a section.

Any grooves on your workbench? How about your chair? Check on the floor beside it, or inside the cushion?

Edited by mhguda

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

You will find it with all the socks missing from the washing machines.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

You will find it with all the socks missing from the washing machines.

Beat me to it :P

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

Did you check inside the cap? I've lost sections in the cap before, even when the parts we all bagged up...

Just a thought.

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

Did you check inside the cap? I've lost sections in the cap before, even when the parts we all bagged up...

Just a thought.

Actually I thought of that and looked, but no joy, and it's still missing. It HAS GOT to be around here. It couldn't have gotten up and walked away.

John L

Actually I thought of that and looked, but no joy, and it's still missing. It HAS GOT to be around here. It couldn't have gotten up and walked away.

Or could it have? (insert Twilight Zone music here)

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

I used to race very fast HO slot cars with extremely strong magnets. Occasionally a car would fly off the track and bounce around the basement or hobby shop and end up stuck somewhere out of the way (a beam, the underside of a display case or shelving unit, a door frame). 20 grown men crawling around looking for a car... A couple or three we never found.

In your case it is being in the bathroom which scares me...the drains.

Good luck.

Brian

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

In your case it is being in the bathroom which scares me...the drains.

Good luck.

Brian

I actually took the trap off the drain to check it, but nothing there.

At this point I'm convinced that something paranormal has caused it to disappear.

John L

This would suck less if it wasn't such an obscure orphan brand pen, because then it wouldn't be so hard to find a donor pen.

John L

We need photos of the work area to give likely prospective areas to look. Do you have mice/rats afoot?

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

We need photos of the work area to give likely prospective areas to look. Do you have mice/rats afoot?

No mice or rats, no animals at all. At least none that I know of........

John L

It's probably in the pants pocket of the jeans you were wearing and put in the hamper without thinking...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Drives me nuts when this happens. I sympathize with you.

I like the pants pocket suggestion, or generally, you were distracted and inadvertently put it somewhere without thinking.

Drives me nuts when this happens. I sympathize with you.

I like the pants pocket suggestion, or generally, you were distracted and inadvertently put it somewhere without thinking.

I thought about the pants pockets possibility but was wearing flannel lounge pants and already checked twice. Checked under my lazy-boy three times, and around the cushion of my desk/work bench chair twice.

It has most certainly been sucked through some yet undiscovered portal into another dimension. I'm sure of it.

John L