Who Is Gullible Enough To Buy Third Tier Pens?

FarmBoy

Have you ever seen a really horrible third tier pen and thought: ''Oh man I want that pen!'' Then you saw it was only $6.50 and you just couldn't do it. There are so many third tier junk pens out there and it's just not fair! Share your opinions!

Farmboy

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• kazoolaw

• Bo Bo Olson

• jdllizard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if the Jinhao x450 classifies as a third tier, but despite the frequent skipping and frequent requirement of ink calling it still makes me look rich so I dig it :P

I keep being tricked by Platignum.

They've only ever been a couple of bucks each but now they're in my drawer instead of the tip where they belong.

What about vintage....Wearever, Arnold and those?

Some Wearever are of course second tier.....the best of Wearever.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I refuse to use third-tier pens.

I much prefer my first, second, and fourth-tier pens.

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

I have sometimes upgraded the nibs in third tier pens with nibs from better pens I have ruined trying to repair them. Then, horrified with the result, I retrieve the nibs and junk the third tier pens. The exercise can be fun.

I do not mess with Wearever pens, though. Their cheap and flimsy pens disappointed me as a kid.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

No, actually, I dont.

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

I've got a few that I can't bear to part with, even though I never use them, just because the celluloid is so unique. That's about the only reason they are still with me (oh, and because I no other self-respecting collector would give me the $30-$40 I'd want to be able to part with them)...

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

I've got a few that I can't bear to part with, even though I never use them, just because the celluloid is so unique. That's about the only reason they are still with me (oh, and because I no other self-respecting collector would give me the $30-$40 I'd want to be able to part with them)...

Uh...$30-$40? Think that qualifies you for the overpriced crowd.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I do not mess with Wearever pens, though. Their cheap and flimsy pens disappointed me as a kid.

This hurts. I once paid 2.00 and now I've been shamed.

I've got a Montblanc 344 and it is pretty nice for a third tier pen.

We had to get MB in here I suppose. Your thread is here.

That is obscene.

What about vintage....Wearever, Arnold and those?

Some Wearever are of course second tier.....the best of Wearever.

You and I have thing for these don't we. Stop bidding me up on eBay.

Oh for the finances to purchase those 1st & 2nd tier pens! That MB Hemingway ($2,500-3,000) is a beautiful piece of workmanship; MB Dumas ($1,500-1,900) a swashbuckler; Montblanc Boheme Pirouette ($1,100). I think there are many of us who would love to be able to own anyone of these, for these pens are very easy to prefer. However, my Social Security check monthly tells me no! Oy vey

Edited by Helen350

Uh...$30-$40? Think that qualifies you for the overpriced crowd.

I was just explaining why I keep them... I never said I was reasonable! :P

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

You can't eat a third tier pen. You can eat a Big Mac. Case closed.

The Highlander was a documentary, and the events happened in real time.

Montblanc|Pelikan|Geha|Senator|Sailor|Pilot