A Knife For Pen People!

bindikah

I am in no way a knife guy, but this knife got my attention. This knife screams elegance and has almost a pen like clip.. It is considered a gentleman's folder and I think would appeal to most fountain pen people. Just wondering what you guys think? (if this is posted in the wrong section, sorry.)

here it is: the CRKT SWINDLE

http://www.crkt.com/crkt/content/images_inv/b/h/571/K240XXP-SKU-web-image_xlarge_571.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baric

• Cryptos

• jar

• injesticate

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like a flipper, wonder if it works. Last CRKT I used had a lock problem, blade liked to slip and was more dangerous to me than the box I was opening.

I like the older SOG folders, carried a Mini X-Ray Vision in my pocket for a lot of years. Benchmades, too, those are some fine blades.

How long is the blade? More than 3 inches is not legal in some places.

Come live in my state, no restrictions, carry an automatic if you want. I do.

3.2 blade length.. I'm not sure the laws about blade lengths, but I think it should be legal in most places. I know it has the IKBS™ innovation, and is arguably the strongest, smoothest pivot system on the market.

It's a pretty neat looking knife. I probably wouldn't buy or carry it, but thanks for sharing it. I do really like CRKT. My favorite from them is the Drifter, which looks pretty classy in the stainless finish.

Looks like a flipper, wonder if it works. Last CRKT I used had a lock problem, blade liked to slip and was more dangerous to me than the box I was opening.

I like the older SOG folders, carried a Mini X-Ray Vision in my pocket for a lot of years. Benchmades, too, those are some fine blades.

CRKT has great customer service in my experience. Call them up and they'll send you replacement parts free of charge if you're comfortable fixing it. They'll also fix it if you need to send it back for free. I'm not sure if they cover shipping to or from, though.

I remember having a CRKT KISS, but I don't remember what happened to it. I probably left it behind when I moved overseas or gave it to my brother in law. I also had a Spyderco Q, which I absolutely loved and which I'm sure was nicked while in London. Now I have a little Gerber I picked up at Wally world. I like the looks of this CRKT, but think it would be a little larger than I'd be comfortable carrying. While I like sharp pointy implements, I'm not sure what the view of women with knives is in my area.

While I like sharp pointy implements, I'm not sure what the view of women with knives is in my area.

Around here we would assume two things: intelligence and preparedness. It is only a tool, and the proper use of tools is a sign of brain power. Keeping things handy in case the need arrives shows foresight, which covers both items.

I have never been good at judging things from a single photo, often takes me a bit of actual use to decide. My carry knife depends on my plans. Usually it is a $25 Gerber EVO, handy and not a big loss if it doesn't return home (I'm known to give things away when I see someone who needs it more than I do). One of a few Benchmades if I know I'll definitely need one. Any knife is better than none, and only a sharp one qualifies as a knife.

Paul

"Nothing is impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible!'" Audrey Hepburn

Hello Everyone,

If Lamy made a knife - I think it would look a lot like this one. :D

Best regards,

Chris

- He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me; and I in him. (JN 6:57)

- "A woman clothed in the sun," (REV 12.1); The Sun Danced at Fatima, Portugal; October 13, 1917.

- Thank you Blessed Mother and St. Jude for Graces and Blessings obtained from Our Lord.

Chris Reeve's Sebenzas are iconic, like the Mont Blanc 149 of the Knife world. Wilson Combat sells some branded Sebenzas that are very cool. Hey! It would go with my Wilson Combat mouse pad!

Yep, that's ugly just like a Lamy. Oops, maybe I should find some cover...

SOG makes some nice knives (and some junk), but this habit the last few years with over the top SOG cutouts and labels is just horrendous. Leaves a bad impression, with me anyway. At least Lamy isn't so obnoxious with their branding.

Yep, that's ugly just like a Lamy. Oops, maybe I should find some cover...

SOG makes some nice knives (and some junk), but this habit the last few years with over the top SOG cutouts and labels is just horrendous. Leaves a bad impression, with me anyway. At least Lamy isn't so obnoxious with their branding.

I won't kill you.

I wonder what does a Pilot look like in a knife. (They seriously have every type of pen.)

I still find SOG better than Gerber. My expensive Gerbers has the blade cracked or broken. Apparently warranty doesn't cover "gardening." I didn't use SOG's warranty yet only because the blade has yet to crack and fail.

SOG only does that to their lower models.

This might be like a Lamy 2k with those curves:

http://www.sogknives.com/type/knives/sogzilla-large-sating-straight.html

#Nope

SOG has this nice policy (or used to) if you break a pocket clip, they will send you a few new ones, no charge. Nice customer service, that. The pocket clip is something that gets constant wear and stress and they all eventually break. Last time I broke one, they sent me a pack of 3, still have two spares. The Mini hasn't seem much use since I got the auto Rift, but it might see some use in the future.

The sogzilla looks nice, but I would prefer the grn scales for a better grip. I haven't handled one of these so I've no idea on the quality. Sometimes hard to tell with Chinese construction.

SOG has this nice policy (or used to) if you break a pocket clip, they will send you a few new ones, no charge. Nice customer service, that. The pocket clip is something that gets constant wear and stress and they all eventually break. Last time I broke one, they sent me a pack of 3, still have two spares. The Mini hasn't seem much use since I got the auto Rift, but it might see some use in the future.

The sogzilla looks nice, but I would prefer the grn scales for a better grip. I haven't handled one of these so I've no idea on the quality. Sometimes hard to tell with Chinese construction.

I used some of their China made knifes and they are pretty good compared to the Gerber knifes. If I didn't knew they were China made I would've thought they were US made.

Gerber China made (99% of their stock is China made) has some issues. Like the blade being too soft or too brittle. I remember one of Gerber's blades dulling from cutting a cardboard box.

I heard great CS reports of SOG from others. I have yet to say only because their stuff just don't break that easily.... I guess that is a good thing.

#Nope