Pelikan Maki-E Auctions In November ... Amazing, Breathtaking Pens!

fountainpende

Dear all,

have you already seen the new Pelikan Maki-e pens?! Well, I will probably not be able to afford one ... BUT ... I will try B)

Starting from November, Pelikan is once again auctioning one of a kind Maki-e pens. They are .... AMAZING! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Just have a look at the photos below ... and at their website:

www.pelikan.com/auction

ENJOY

Here is Pelikan's press release

Spectacular online auctions of the new Maki-e Unique Collection

November 2014 will see the start of 17 auctions of unique luxury writing instruments for collectors.

Following the successful Maki-e online auction in autumn 2012, Pelikan has been working on a new Maki-e Unique Collection which will delight collectors throughout the world this year. This time seventeen unique Maki-e pens are being auctioned. These will be available for purchase successively in auctions held at one-week intervals from November 2014, from www.pelikan.com/auction. The platform for the new auctions will go online in August 2014.

Maki-e Unique fountain pens are unique items, which have been created by renowned Maki-e artists in Japan. These 17 unique fountain pens have not been and will never be part of a Pelikan collection, making them an attractive and exquisite collector’s item for lovers of fine writing instruments. To indicate that they belong to the Unique Collection, each fountain pen bears the red name stamp of the artist who has created it underneath the signature.

Maki-e is a complex Japanese lacquer painting technique, which requires a great deal of patience and skill. The artist applies lacquer as well as gold and silver particles in multiple layers, which are repeatedly polished, giving a 3D effect. Only a few artists in the world have mastered the technique of Maki-e painting; it takes years to learn.

This year entry-level prices will range from 1,000 euros to 18,400 euros.

Detailed images and further information on the seventeen unique fountain pens and the precious Maki-e techniques used to create them can be found on the special auction website: www.pelikan.com/auction

post-7465-0-67141100-1413480842_thumb.jpg

post-7465-0-45841600-1413481072_thumb.jpg

post-7465-0-28613200-1413481151_thumb.jpg

Edited by fountainpende

www.fountainpen.de - the website for Montblanc and Astoria collectors

logo.gif

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainpende

• RobertJRB

• inkstainedruth

• Kuscer

Any one need an old Rembrandt? We can swap!

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

They are wonderfull indeed.

I signed up last august since I am planning to bid on two of them. Hope with result :)

Pelikan nut

Dear Robert,

please bid on the more expensive ones! This would increase my odds of winning one of the "less" expesive ones B)

What about the ones below? :-)

post-7465-0-06194400-1413556598_thumb.jpg

Edited by fountainpende

logo.gif

Dear Robert,

please bid on the more expensive ones! This would increase my odds of winning one of the "less" expesive ones B)

What about the ones below? :-)

I was going to ask you the same question :)

They sure look great but are out of budget for me.

Pelikan nut

What do you think about these auctions?

Well, I think its a great idea. ... well, unfortunately, most of the pens will be out of my budget. But still, even if I know that I cannot afford them, I really like the idea of the auction. I really like the Pelikan Maki-e pens. And I like the point that not all of them are extremely expensive. I might be able to afford one of the lower priced pens ...

So all in all, I like the idea.

They sure look great but are out of budget for me

same here. But still, I also enjoy just looking at them.

That second one from my left is my favourite of all of these! I love the leaves and the swirls of gold and brown.

Yes, that's a great desig. I also love it ... but I coud not decide which one would be my favorite. All of them look great. Each of them is really special. Well ... I also like the green one... but I really cound not decide

logo.gif

Hi Guy007

may be one of the lower-priced pens?

In any way, I will have to sell several of my other pens from my collection in order to be able to afford one of these lower-priced pens. But ... I really think that these are amazing pens!

logo.gif

These pens are just so dang beautiful!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Yup. But way way way too rich for my blood. Sigh. Also, if they're "real" maki-e, made with urushi, I don't dare even pick one up.... So I will look with admiration, but from a distance.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

But will the auctions start at $.01? Let's see if pelikan has balls of steel.

Unfortunately no. Auctions start at a 1000 euro for the lines of fire pen, to 18.400 euro for the Sharakku & Utamaro

Pelikan nut

Lovely - particularly the Milky Way. But far too expensive for my wallet.

@ FOUNTAINPENDE

Your signature contains a link to a survey on fountain pens. I clicked to participate and discovered that the survey is now over...

These are FANTASTIC pens ... I was bidding on one of them .... the price, however, reached a level where I am just not able to bid any more :unsure:

Hi Stephanos,

I have just updated my signature ...

logo.gif

Better to wait untill the very last moment?

Would like to know which pen you went for.

I'm still not sure If I'm going to place a bid. Found a NOS pelikan Gaudi which I'm going to see tomorrow at the store. Always have been my grail pen so I prefer that over the make-i's. But, never seen it in person so maybe its not as I expect it to be..

These are FANTASTIC pens ... I was bidding on one of them .... the price, however, reached a level where I am just not able to bid any more :unsure:

Hi Stephanos,

I have just updated my signature ...

Pelikan nut

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Robert,

I was bidding on the first two red Pelikan pens in the category below 2,600 Euro ... they started at 1,100 but soon prices raised dramatically :-(

Wow, the Gaudi is a GREAT pen ... I always wanted one ... but they are now just too expensive and I missed the point in time when they were still affordable. The Gaudi is definitely one of the most beautiful Pelikan pens. Contrats !!!!

logo.gif