Unidentified Parker

flashlight

Initially I thought this might be a Parker 17 Lady but the cap ring is not correct for that model. The pen is all plastic with a push fit and hooded nib. I'm sure someone on here must know what it is, if so I would be most grateful.

post-80648-0-45848700-1413460134_thumb.jpg

post-80648-0-09914800-1413460154_thumb.jpg

post-80648-0-13571100-1413460164_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adamon

• flashlight

• richardandtracy

• icardoth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks like a Parker Slimfold Lady to me.

http://www.parkercollector.com/slimfold.html

The differences between the P17 Lady & Slimfold Lady weren't great. All the Slimfold Lady's I've seen have threads, but it's highly likely that towards the end of the model, Parker made it a slip cap just like the P17, P17 Lady,, P45, P51 & P61 they were also selling at the time.

Regards,

Richard.

I did consider the Slimfold but as you say I've only seen screw caps but you may be right

Many thanks

Robin

The cap ring is correct for a Parker 17 Lady. It's the last reincarnation of that model, made between 1968 and 1972, when Parker changed the clip and the cap ring. It's all correct to me, by the way I have the same exact pen. Have a look at http://parkercollector.com/ukduofold.html, near the page bottom. Note that all Duofolds have screw caps.

Edited by icardoth

The cap ring is correct for a Parker 17 Lady. It's the last reincarnation of that model, made between 1968 and 1972, when Parker changed the clip and the cap ring. It's all correct to me, by the way I have the same exact pen. Have a look at http://parkercollector.com/ukduofold.html, near the page bottom. Note that all Duofolds have screw caps.

Parker 17 Lady last version - for sure

Here you can find versions of Parker 17 Lady pens:

First on the left: UK Lady Duofold.

fpn_1343402130__p17_lady_1_800.jpg

fpn_1343402174__p17_lady_2_800.jpg

Edited by adamon

And here my collection of P17 pens - some are still missing

fpn_1413481306__pict0022_800_p17_01.jpg

fpn_1413481326__pict0023_800_p17_03.jpg

fpn_1413481366__pict0024_800_p17_04.jpg

On the last picture you can see the difference between P17 Lady and last versions of Slimfolds (7 pens on the right side of the bottom line)

Edited by adamon

Agreed, it's remarkable.

adamon:

I'd like to ask one thing. Have you ever come across a maroon P17 standard, UK made with a black plastic clutch ring?

I have kept an eye out for one for years and haven't yet seen one for sale. The hood shape with the black clutch rings is the shape I prefer, and I've a hankering for one in maroon. However, I've seen green, blue & black with black clutch rings, never maroon. I bought the only black ringed maroon one I saw, it had a fine nib, but was an MID pen, so my UK made medium nib didn't fit - and I can't stand fine nibs. :gaah:

Regards,

Richard.

I've got a maroon P17 standard with black clutch ring - it's the one with metal cap and maroon jewel. M nib very smooth.

adamon:

I'd like to ask one thing. Have you ever come across a maroon P17 standard, UK made with a black plastic clutch ring?

I have kept an eye out for one for years and haven't yet seen one for sale. The hood shape with the black clutch rings is the shape I prefer, and I've a hankering for one in maroon. However, I've seen green, blue & black with black clutch rings, never maroon. I bought the only black ringed maroon one I saw, it had a fine nib, but was an MID pen, so my UK made medium nib didn't fit - and I can't stand fine nibs. :gaah:

Regards,

Richard.

These standard P17 on the right in the top line have black plastic clutch rings (normally they have steel rings). You're right - it's not easy to find standard P17 with black rings. I believe they are late models.

fpn_1413481326__pict0023_800_p17_03.jpg