Staples Sale On Cross Baileys

trevblum650

So today I was walking through my local Staples in an attempt to purchase a Pilot Metropolitan as they received a fantastic review on Goulet Pens. Well, I was unsuccessful, but found the Cross Bailey on sale for $20 (US) After doing some quick research on a friends smartphone I discovered that this pen has few reviews but the few that are available give it fantastic ratings. Upon opening, inking and writing a few lines with it, I found it silky smooth, a perfect weight, and both orange and green converter compatible. Anyone else have any experience with the Cross Bailey? Mine is the matte black finish with nickel accents.

"I bet you the Pope writes with a fountain pen"

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dfollett_98

• MrThoth

• trevblum650

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi trevblum650:

I bought a Red Cross Bailey, medium nib on the Cross Website when they were closing them out for a very good price with free shipping. It was a very smooth writing pen out of the box and I really liked the look and feel of the pen and nib.

Unfortunately, since our Cat is named Bailey, I showed it to the wife who promptly said, "That's beautiful. Can I have it?" In typical FPN fashion I said yes if I can buy another.

When I returned to the Cross Website I found the red Baileys were no more. I now own a Chrome with Gold Trim Bailey with a medium nib. It is also an excellent writer.

In my old new guy opinion the Bailey is an excellent choice for someone starting out with fountain pens. They feel good in the hand, are very smooth, are almost error proof and are an easy entry into the wonderful world of pens.

Think I'll stop by my local Staples tomorrow to see what I can see!

Have a great week.

Don .

Edited by dfollett_98

I have a red Bailey myself that I got online somewhere. It's a great workaday pen that I often keep near the keyboard for when I need to write by hand.

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files