Shh! It's A Secret (Sale).

Dix

We are going to change our product line in 2015. From now through the end of the year EVERYTHING is on sale at unbelievable prices to clear out our inventory.

www.sulajaneandearl.com

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FayeV

• stevesurf

• Icywolfe

• Jackson

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonderful!

I so enjoy your sleeves and wraps; my black n red roll you made me has been to many places this year :)

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

We are going to change our product line in 2015. From now through the end of the year EVERYTHING is on sale at unbelievable prices to clear out our inventory.

www.sulajaneandearl.com

Thank you for that! Just ordered the two-pen rolls - amazing deal!

Can it hold a Justus95?

Product Specifications
Length: 5.82 in.
Posted Length: 6.5 in.
Diameter: 0.63 in.
Weight: 0.95 oz.
Nib Material: Gold

As for the two pen roll, you'll most likely have 1/8" spare on top; won't fit in the pen sleeve.

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

Thanks for this--I've found SJ&E items to be of very fine quality. Note to Montblanc Bohème owners--the mini sleeve is a perfect fit!

Thanks. Your company is new to me. Perfect timing as I'm in need of something to carry my pens in. I picked up the 4-pen sheaf and the 2-pen sleeve.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

Squee! My package arrived today.

The roll fits my little pens fine. And some of my larger pens just fit, I'm sure it will be better once the leather stretches a bit.

post-112266-0-12133500-1413506526_thumb.jpg

post-112266-0-71189400-1413506545_thumb.jpg

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

Squee! My package arrived today.

The roll fits my little pens fine. And some of my larger pens just fit, I'm sure it will be better once the leather stretches a bit.

Those are so nice; I went for the amazing deal on the two pen cases, which I got today as well. In my experience their pen rolls conform quite nicely and wear well over time. I have about ten of their rolls and a couple of years later, they are just wonderful, soft and offer great protection. Enjoy!

Edited by stevesurf

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

I was hoping the journal cover to be a bit more harder.

If it is the same leather that is used in the pen rolls/cases, then I can see how something a little stiffer would be better for a journal cover. The flexibility seems right for a pen case/roll. I don't think I could roll the thing up (compactly) if it were made of stiffer/thicker stuff.

I noticed that the journal cover had a phone pocket. Does that actually work out? I can only imagine the phone falling out.

Those are so nice; I went for the amazing deal on the two pen cases, which I got today as well. In my experience their pen rolls conform quite nicely and wear well over time. I have about ten of their rolls and a couple of years later, they are just wonderful, soft and offer great protection. Enjoy!

It's good to hear that these hold up over the years.

I picked up the 2-pen case too. I went for three 2-pen cases and three 4-pen rolls. I think my 9 yr old might like the pink 2-pen case for her pink FP (which is currently inked with J. Herbin Rose Cyclamen).

I'm hoping the 2-pen case will encourage me to carry just 2 FPs in my purse, instead of the 8 I carry now in a pencil case that allows them to mingle and rub against each other. I'll be fine as long as I don't use all three 2-pen cases at the same time in my purse. ;) I love how I can keep it vertical in my purse and still have access to the pens.

It's a good thing I don't really carry around anything larger/longer than the Dupont or Lamy. Smaller size pens seem to be my new love. I have a MB Noblesse which might be a hair longer than these pens and prolly wouldn't fit in the roll. I'm too lazy to get off the sofa to check.

I noticed that the website mentioned that leather cleaner could be used on their products. That's something I never thought about using on an older pen case I have. I'll have to keep this in mind. Hubby has some Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner. I suppose this stuff should work fine on leather pen cases even though the product is marketed as a car care product. Maybe I'll even try it on a leather handbag, instead of getting the Apple Care leather products all the gals on the purse forum recommend. :D

If it is the same leather that is used in the pen rolls/cases, then I can see how something a little stiffer would be better for a journal cover. The flexibility seems right for a pen case/roll. I don't think I could roll the thing up (compactly) if it were made of stiffer/thicker stuff.

I noticed that the journal cover had a phone pocket. Does that actually work out? I can only imagine the phone falling out.

My phone is the Note 2 and it's huge. So it doesn't fit. But if I had a more of a normal sized phone then maybe.

I use the cover to cover my Rhodia webnotebook.... which sort of already have a great cover.

My cover was this one:

http://www.sulajaneandearl.com/Large_Journal_Phone_and_Pen_Cover_p/2013ljc.htm

2 pockets.

Edited by Icywolfe

#Nope

I've been using mine for about a week and really love their products. The 2 pen case is working nicely, still adjusting to downsizing the number of pens I carry in my purse. And the roll is perfect for use at home. I'm tempted to order another.

It's good to hear that these hold up over the years.

I picked up the 2-pen case too. I went for three 2-pen cases and three 4-pen rolls. I think my 9 yr old might like the pink 2-pen case for her pink FP (which is currently inked with J. Herbin Rose Cyclamen).

I'm hoping the 2-pen case will encourage me to carry just 2 FPs in my purse, instead of the 8 I carry now in a pencil case that allows them to mingle and rub against each other. I'll be fine as long as I don't use all three 2-pen cases at the same time in my purse. ;) I love how I can keep it vertical in my purse and still have access to the pens.

It's a good thing I don't really carry around anything larger/longer than the Dupont or Lamy. Smaller size pens seem to be my new love. I have a MB Noblesse which might be a hair longer than these pens and prolly wouldn't fit in the roll. I'm too lazy to get off the sofa to check.

I noticed that the website mentioned that leather cleaner could be used on their products. That's something I never thought about using on an older pen case I have. I'll have to keep this in mind. Hubby has some Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner. I suppose this stuff should work fine on leather pen cases even though the product is marketed as a car care product. Maybe I'll even try it on a leather handbag, instead of getting the Apple Care leather products all the gals on the purse forum recommend. :D

I actually don't use any leather cleaner on any of the pen rolls and after years they are wonderful. The only thing I did was touch up some edges with Meltonian on one roll, but you'd have to match the color.

Edited by stevesurf

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

• 2 months later...

I was wondering if anyone knows where Sula Jane and Earl moved to. I wanted to look on their website to see what is new this year -- they mentioned a new product line in 2015 in the 1st post of this thread -- and I can't get their website to load. Is there a new website?

www.sulajaneandearl.com

Well both sites are now under construction.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY