Pilot Mr At Walmart

whereisandy

Found silver at a Walmart yesterday, black at a second Walmart today. At each store it appears that either the fountain pen sold the best, or they had fewer of the fountain pens than the ballpoint and gel pen. These are excellent pens.

"Do you know the legend about cicadas? They say they are the souls of poets who cannot keep quiet because, when they were alive, they never wrote the poems they wanted to."

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DaveBj

• KBeezie

• whereisandy

• Huskysibe

I looked at a Walmart in the Phoenix area. Nothing but ball point pens in packs. Nothing remotely interesting to a FPN-er

Tried again at the Cullman AL store; still no joy.

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

I looked at a Walmart in the Phoenix area. Nothing but ball point pens in packs. Nothing remotely interesting to a FPN-er

They have them at the Wal-Mart on Bethany Home and 15th Ave. They are on the endcap of the pen section, ballpoints and fountain pens for $12.97.

@arts_nibs

They have them at the Wal-Mart on Bethany Home and 15th Ave. They are on the endcap of the pen section, ballpoints and fountain pens for $12.97.

Wow, thank you very much. I'll have to check that out. The w-mart that I checked was in Goodyear. Estrella and I-10

thanks again

Wow, thank you very much. I'll have to check that out. The w-mart that I checked was in Goodyear. Estrella and I-10

thanks again

Look on the endcaps, I had to ask an employee where they had them.

@arts_nibs

Found one in an Ohio store on Saturday, bought the black one. What a surprisingly nice pen!

Weird thing is I had to go back to the store yesterday and the end cap and pens are gone.

Its bad when I seriously was contemplating going to walmart at 230am just see IF they have a pilot FP :( what have I become.

Its bad when I seriously was contemplating going to walmart at 230am just see IF they have a pilot FP :( what have I become.

I share your pain

I wish I could have found a Metro at my local Walmart. There were only a handful of Rollers and BPs on the rack when I went by a few days ago.

This is what the display looks like for those of you still looking.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/thirston/2014-11-05102812.jpg

Edited by Thirston

Thanks, Thirston!

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

DaveBj

After reading this thread yesterday I happened to be in my local walmart and chose to cruise through the pen aisle. Low and behold right there in the middle of the pilot pens was one lonely fountain pen. I swiped it up and looked all over for one more I could give my wife to get her started. No dice. But thanks to the OP for starting this thread because I would have never thought to look at walmart.

Billy

BTW mine wasn't on any end cap or special place, just right in the middle of all the ball points and gel pens. It was silver with a medium nib. My first medium and I think I like them!!!!

Edited by Huskysibe

SCO-O-O-O-ORE!!!!! :D

The Cullman Walmart had the end-cap set up today. Two of the three sides were plain and fancy G2s. and the MR side was covered by another display, but I was able to get to it. Only two of the ten display pegs were FPs (and there were only two pens); the rest were BPs and RBs. I grabbed a black one, brought it home (after paying for it), and inked it up with Susemai Blackstone Black Cashmere. It feels good in the hand and writes a smooth, wet line, thinner than I expect from a medium nib, but then it is a Japanese medium. $12 well spent.

DaveBj