• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• k3eax

• Flounder

• hari317

• scrivelry

Top Posters In This Topic

What more can you tell us about the pen? I got interested in it, but it is a very old stock and it seems the platings are going away. How is yours? Is it a hard starter?

Waiting somewhat impatiently for mine... at that price, I bought two, and they are having a tour of North America via the USPS instead of coming straight to me... :-(

Scrivelry, it's worth the wait.. And by the way, I've ordered a second out of fear of being without.

Edited by k3eax

My Wing Sung 590 costing $3.99 USD/free shipping arrived from China in six days. This is the best pen, Cinese or otherwise, that I've used! I've included a link to Brown's Youhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e8ErfclW9ktube review of the pen.

sir, which seller? it would be good to know of a reliable source for these...

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Thanks for the heads up and review link. I looked at this pen in the past, but didn't buy it for some reason. One can't go wrong for $3.99.

thank you so much. I will buy one asap.

Edit: bought one. 4.98USD shipped to India.

Edited by hari317

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Scrivelry, it's worth the wait.. And by the way, I've ordered a second out of fear of being without.

Thanks, that's good to know! Mine should be here today and I am on tenterhooks! Are you going to review it?

Edited by scrivelry

OK, mine arrived today, and I was all excited, and...

I can get ink into them, but it does not want to come back out as writing on paper.

So I pulled the nibs - exceedingly easy - and there is almost no channel whatsoever for the ink to flow down on either feed. That said, each feed is mostly fins, and they look like they can hold a carpton of ink. No one else has reported a problem with ink flow. (sniffs armpits but no, not so bad as to stop ink flowing...) Would someone else whose pen is working be kind enough to pull the nib, if he or she does not mind pulling nibs on a very understandable "Ain't broke don't fix it/never tickle sleeping dragons" basis and see if they have a real, identifiable ink channel?

If I shake the pen I can get ink droplets, but I think they are coming from the feed. And I can't put a picture for photo-technical reasons. And I am just mystified, entirely.

BTW, my pens did not smell badly, are not heavy, and I have other very positive thoughts about them, but just wonder what is wrong with me that the ink floweth not, nor the nib writeth...

OK, mine arrived today, and I was all excited, and...

I can get ink into them, but it does not want to come back out as writing on paper.

So I pulled the nibs - exceedingly easy - and there is almost no channel whatsoever for the ink to flow down on either feed. That said, each feed is mostly fins, and they look like they can hold a carpton of ink. No one else has reported a problem with ink flow. (sniffs armpits but no, not so bad as to stop ink flowing...) Would someone else whose pen is working be kind enough to pull the nib, if he or she does not mind pulling nibs on a very understandable "Ain't broke don't fix it/never tickle sleeping dragons" basis and see if they have a real, identifiable ink channel?

If I shake the pen I can get ink droplets, but I think they are coming from the feed. And I can't put a picture for photo-technical reasons. And I am just mystified, entirely.

BTW, my pens did not smell badly, are not heavy, and I have other very positive thoughts about them, but just wonder what is wrong with me that the ink floweth not, nor the nib writeth...

Scrivelry, your quite correct in that channels cut into the nib are quite narrow and shallow. Perhaps your are too narrow and too shallow? You might try enlarging and extending them. I would also check the breather passage-way for obstruction by placing it to your mouth and blowing. Also. capilary action might be impeded by the gap between nib and feed being either great or too small.

Keep us informed!

Mine arrived... Great Scott! Pepe le Peeew! It honky-tonks! Begad! Wow! I've given it a good lather with Persil apple fizz detergent.

The smell on opening the box was just remarkable. It defied description! After washing and soaking, the cap, barrel and section are much less pungent. The sore point seems to be the synthetic ink sac, which *after* washing reminds me of old, well used tents - but nastier. I'll just keep washing it till the smell goes away, or if it doesn't, junk the sac and fit a fresh one.

Oddly, the box - which is not a generic one, but specific to the 590 - smells fresh as a daisy inside and out.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

Mine arrived... Great Scott! Pepe le Peeew! It honky-tonks! Begad! Wow! I've given it a good lather with Persil apple fizz detergent.

The smell on opening the box was just remarkable. It defied description! After washing and soaking, the cap, barrel and section are much less pungent. The sore point seems to be the synthetic ink sac, which *after* washing reminds me of old, well used tents - but nastier. I'll just keep washing it till the smell goes away, or if it doesn't, junk the sac and fit a fresh one.

Oddly, the box - which is not a generic one, but specific to the 590 - smells fresh as a daisy inside and out.

is yours the 15usd one?

which is the smelly lot? the guy selling the pen for 5USD or 15USD?

Thank you Chris. Roughly 4 sellers are offering these pens on ebay.com at the moment. I think some of the different sellers are the same party from China, operating under different names, based on nearly identical listings and pictures. Best, Hari