Lamy 2000 On Massdrop

Ruinz

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/lamy-2000-fountain-pen?mode=guest_open

The price is currently at $119.99 but the lowest is $109.99. Currently needs 7 more people to hit the lowest price. This one is international as well to those not in the USA.

Edit: It is now at the lowest price of $109.99.

Edited by Ruinz

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KBeezie

• ink-syringe

• AndrewC

• Lou Erickson

Thanks for the alert. I bought a couple of Pilot Metropolitans via Massdrop when they offered them at a good price several months ago. Although it took a bit before the pens were shipped, the transaction went smoothly and they sent out updates re: where things stood. I already have a 2000, but maybe I need to find room for a second . . . .

Thanks for the heads-up/ Now if I can only figure out if I have a M or F, I'll get the next size down.

Some people say they march to a different drummer. Me? I hear bagpipes.

also you can get in on the deal and change nib size later.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

also you can get in on the deal and change nib size later.

Thought you had to pick the size once you've committed to the drop (so that they know which size to get when they do the mass ordering). Also unlike other drops this one seems to have a faster shipping schedule (ship by October 10th).

I dunno. I signed up when i saw this thread a few hours ago and just changed the nib option a few minutes ago with no problem.

Edited by ink-syringe

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

Oh, no. I've wanted an EF to go with my F for some time, and this just might suck me in.

But Sweet Shinjo on toast, who taught these people physics? You are not using gravity to suck ink into a pen!

Fountain Pens: Still cheaper than playing Warhammer 40K

Karl, Many thanks! Greatly appreciate that. AC

Just my luck. Took it apart. All the nib says is 585 LAMY. Guess I'll just get a F and hope mine is a M.

Ooh! thanks for the heads up - I was very meh about the other Lamy on MD, but this is pen I have been toying with the idea of for a while... Now to consider Medium or Broad

That's not a bad deal but this model has had a lot of recent defects and that could be an issue. I started dip testing these and was surprised at how many

had very scratchy nibs on all nib sizes. I am not a Lamy Dealer anymore. I sure don't miss dealing with all the problems from this brand as well as un ethical business practices like holding our stock for several months so, other favored retailers could sell first and sticking us with back orders once the demand was all but gone.

Just my luck. Took it apart. All the nib says is 585 LAMY. Guess I'll just get a F and hope mine is a M.

... how old is that thing.

That's not a bad deal but this model has had a lot of recent defects and that could be an issue. I started dip testing these and was surprised at how many

had very scratchy nibs on all nib sizes. I am not a Lamy Dealer anymore. I sure don't miss dealing with all the problems from this brand as well as un ethical business practices like holding our stock for several months so, other favored retailers could sell first and sticking us with back orders once the demand was all but gone.

Makes me wonder if they are slacking on quality control to improve profits.

Ahh, old enough that I don't remember when I got it, and I got it from someone else. Maybe I'll just send it off to Michael Masuyama or Pendelton Brown. Then no worries about smoothness, and I don't have to try to sell the redundant pen.

Its a mass produced item like anything else, some quality control issues can be expected. However I have been hearing similar stories since 2010.

Can you quantify what you mean by "a lot"?

People read about the bad stories, no one bothers to report on the success stories, so I would expect the percentage of failures will be low.

Given they are still a very popular high sales product supports a higher percentage are quite good, some are mediocre, and a few are poor.

Anything that is not "fit for purpose" is covered under the manufacturer's warranty.

Yeah there was a thread about a Lamy nib without a slit being shipping to a person. If their nibs where checked like everyone here said they were. It begs the question how the no slit nib passed.

Oh man that is some shady dealings. If this is true I might just avoid buying stuff from Lamy. Man I did wanted to try a L2k though....

Its a mass produced item like anything else, some quality control issues can be expected. However I have been hearing similar stories since 2010.

Can you quantify what you mean by "a lot"?

People read about the bad stories, no one bothers to report on the success stories, so I would expect the percentage of failures will be low.

Given they are still a very popular high sales product supports a higher percentage are quite good, some are mediocre, and a few are poor.

Anything that is not "fit for purpose" is covered under the manufacturer's warranty.

Well there was no slit nibbed Lamy pen that was noted in a thread in FPN. I wonder how did somebody not see that and sound the alarm or knocked it off the "go to selling" line. I think I remember Lamy didn't want to take the pen back because they just said it must be a fake.

Also if you think about the not reported successes then you need to think about the not reported epic failures from buyers who have no idea of FPN or any type of FP web community.

------------------

This is the thread:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/271022-lamy-safari-newbie-question/

No Slit Lamy.

Edited by Icywolfe

#Nope