Sheaffer Cartridge Pen In Original Blister Pack

jde

I didn't reconstitute the ink in the carts. The old stuff is totally hardened and wasn't sure about it.

Used Waterman blue-black in an empty cart I already had.

Fear not. I'm using just that right now; a pre-Textron black cartridge with some tap water added. Works jess fine.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jde

• Sailor Kenshin

• jar

• jlikesink

Fear not. I'm using just that right now; a pre-Textron black cartridge with some tap water added. Works jess fine.

Jar, thanks for encouragement. Does it take long to reconstitute? I guess no worries about sediment? I'll give it a try soon.

Although tap water here is very hard so will use distilled.

Edited by jde

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

My first one was a second gen, and they only seemed to be opaque. I really loved the translucent (demonstrators) and those are the ones I tend to gravitate to. I have a few of each gen with the ebay purchases. I also have several NNs, still in blister packs, waiting to be gifted. Maybe I should PIF?

The 'school' pens with the windows -- I wasn't so lucky with those. They always seem to leak.

But my faves for the past couple of years have been Preludes. . .

Jar, thanks for encouragement. Does it take long to reconstitute? I guess no worries about sediment? I'll give it a try soon.

Although tap water here is very hard so will use distilled.

No time. Add water and shake.

I have this pen when I post it the pen push the inner cap deep in and now it is too far to cap the pen. How do I readjust/extract the inner cap?

The one I have is the flat top one same as the picture here, snap cap.

Edited by whoelse

I too have the same green one.

When I was in school I dreamt of getting a Sheaffer that was beyond my reach. some class fellows who had someone abroad or were super rich by our standards those days used to flaunt their that I think were Imperial CT. When I moved to UAE I did not think much of getting one such but saw the same one as in a store and thought I could get an affordable Sheaffer. Bought it but... It wasn't writing well - too dry. Let it lie in my drawers for long.

Lost the ring at the end of the section and cap wasn't tight.. Was about to throw it out a couple of months ago but just kept it. After joining this forum and learning how to make pens write (after about 40 yrs of using !!) cleaned it up well and set right the tines. Hey it is a good pen now. Put a very little hot glue to make a little bump so that the cap sits properly.

Now for the cartridge - Sheaffers carts are not easily available here in Abu Dhabi. Took a new Pelikan 4001 cart and just tried it. Presto it sits without a leak though there is a gap between the cart and the bottom of the barrel.

Regards

Subramoniam

I have turned international carts around, drilled a little hole in the bottom with the screw end of a cup hook and used those, too. Depending on the cup hook you use may work for other brands as well... (bigger screw on the cup hook equals larger potential opening in cart...)

My first was from Ben Franklin, probably around two dollars, and possibly red. Second gen, I think. Between the generosity of strangers and my tendency to buy lots of sad neglected pens on that auction site I just counted up at least fifteen in my box of Sheaffer cart pens formerly sold in blister pacs... - that does not count the ones I have with nibs just too medium to use, or the one I had purchased probably right before they stopped making them, which is held in reserve for someone special, should he ever decide he'd like it to use...

My first several pens were Gen 1 pens, the colorless transparent ones. Probably 5th, 6th and 7th grades, then ballpoints became really popular and I think I went 40 years before using fountain pens again.

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

No time. Add water and shake.

And so you were right! Thanks jar. Worked like a charm, much to my surprise.

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

These were my first fountain pens as well. Third and fourth grade, I believe. I recall having a square topped pen of red and one of green. Loved to put a new cartridge in. They made me feel quite sophisticated.

Also my very first pen, Gen 3 in blue! Played with it in high school (way back when!) Wonderful find!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!