• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jbloodwo

• pankaj

• arcadeflow

• inkeverywhere

Depends. Right now every day carries include a Noodler's Ebonite Konrad, a regular Noodler's Konrad, a Parker 51 Demi Aero, and a Parker Vac Major.

Yesterday I had a Parker 61 and a Parker Vector.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

If we are forgetting rotation or bringing multiple pens, then I chose an early 1960's Parker 45 with gold nib.

The gold nibbed 45's have more flex than the 51, and the convertible nature of the pen makes it more versatile as well.

Owner of many fine Parker fountain pens... and one Lamy.

I depends on what and where:

• My office/work carry pens are: Baoer 388 and 801, Parker 88
  • My pocket pen is an Ohto Tasche
  • My home pens are:
    • Desk pens: Parker 51 desk pen, Pilot 200, Sheaffer Touchdown
    • Clip pens: Parker (Classic, Arrow, and 45), Esterbrook LJ, Reform 1745
Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

When I am up and about, I always have a pocket pen with me. Currently, that pen is a TWSBI Mini with a Pendleton point butter line stub~italic broad nib on it, carried in my front trouser pocket safely encased in one of the leather cases I made for my pocket pens.

Holly

Sadly to say, since I am doing that silly Bic "use up the whole pen and get £10 back" thing from Bic Cristal, then this is my pen... :( .. but other than that I am also using my Parker Vector F Nib fountain pen.

And yes I know I am a bit boring lol, but I will drop so much Bic usage after I have emptied the pen and got my cashback from Bic :P

Among the daily carry/use pens are Parker 45 Flighter (14k), one of my Pelikans(M205,M150 or 120 M&K), True Writer Silver Anniversary, P45 or P51 Special.

These get the most use.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Day to day pen(s):

When its all about business: Monteverde Regatta Sport w/ EF nib and Noodler's Black

When its all about fun: Jinhao 159 w/ 1.5 nib and a rich, bold color. Currently, Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue

So much depends on red wheel . . . oops, sorry, got sidetracked there for a minute. But, yes, so much does depend on the occasion, the situation, etc. I always carry two pens in my shirt pocket, but those two will vary from week to week. Right now I'm carrying my Omas Colombo II filled with Herbin Lie de The and my Platinum 3776 Nice filled with Stipula Verde Machiato .

My Parker 51 & my Kaweco Skyline Sport. Parker as it is reliable (will be 70 yrs young next year) & my Kaweco as it's pocketable.

Edited by cancoi

Desk pen: Sheaffer Touchdown with what appears to be a medium stub filled with Verdigris. Pocket pen: Kaweco Sport chess with a B nib and Konigsblau. For a few weeks my briefcase has had a black Pelikan M200 medium nib with Scabiosa and a Safari medium with Pendelton's Blakwa ink.

Edited by setriode

Depends on what's in rotation. This week it's a P51 Flighter (which just won't run out of ink so I can rotate it out!) and a Parker Vector. I have a cursive italic nib for my Pelikan M200 to go in next.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

My Pilot Prera is perfect to carry around, but I've been using a 78G outside. In the future I will try to use my Custom 74, but it is a bit "Montblanc-ish" if you know what I mean. My slate gray Prera has the perfect look and fuctionality of a sofisticated writing instrument that is not too sofisticated.

I was going to resume using my Parker 51, but kept with the Esterbrook Dollar 9461. I think I'm glad I did. It tried to escape. I came in my front door and discovered it missing from my shirt pocket. I called work...not on my desk...I called the store...nobody found one. I drove back to the mailboxes at my apartment. You know the kind...everyone drives up and parks next to them to check mail. As I pull up, I see my pen laying in the parking lot, right where everyone drives. The pen is intact, although a little scruffy from kissing the asphalt. I think my blood pressure will be back to normal by morning.

A Parker 45. So, it has written. So, it has been, these forty years.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

For note-taking: I use my TWSBI mini w/ a fine nib or my Copper Esterbrook J with a 9555 extra-fine Gregg nib. This way I can have 2 colors in rotation and alternate colors in my notes per class and per day. I also carry a Fien Pilot Metropolitan inked with a more serious color (black, blue, or blue-black) to use for more general purposes. I experiment more with the colors in the TWSBI

What's your day to day pen?

What I now and then post over here....

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/7833-what-pens-are-you-using-today/?p=3122859

There..was that helpful........................................................................................................................................

{ freakin' happy smiley face time}

Fred

Otis B. Driftwood: Have you got any milk feed chickens?

Waiter: Yes sir.

Otis: Well....squeeze the milk outta one and bring me a glass.