When Shall We Three Meet Again...

Cryptos

My girls...

fpn_1411271977__skylines.png

The gold cap was restored by Write on Time - and a very good job it is! The other two were sourced through eBay member cheapjeep (no affiliation, just a satisfied customer) and have flexy nibs, although I haven't inked any of them since I've had them. The gold cap one is a nail. I did write with this before restoration.

[sorry about the poor photo. I don't know anything about taking pictures, have no real equipment either, and am very envious of those who do great shots]

Edited by Cryptos

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptos

• FarmBoy

• fountainpagan

• ac12

Top Posters In This Topic

At least one of your girls is a boy...

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

They're nice looking pens, but I'm afraid I know almost nothing about Wahl-Eversharps.

Can you ink them up for us, and show us writing samples? Especially the ones you say are flexy? Thanks.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Oh I was just showing them off. Proud father and all that!

It was the seller who told me they were flexy, and he did a writing sample to illustrate, but they are obviously more springy than noodly.

As for inking them up... I feel strangely reluctant to do that. Is that abnormal?

I don;t think you would want to lock them up to grow old and useless. Do you remember what they are for ?

No apologies necessary about your photos. How about some naked nib pictures of the girls ?

(If I end up in court, you started this.)

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

C'mon, let those babies out for a while and let them stroll around the block. So what if Sasha Royale whistles a time or two. Let's see what they can do with some fancy colorful ink . . . .

Okay, I inked all three and am in something of two minds about them now. The red stripe cap is a little springy in the nib (not much) and the green striped cap is much more springy, and both are very wet writers using Diamine inks. The gold cap pen is an absolute nail, very fine, and writes quite dry but I don't mind that so much.

I dunno. I'm just not enjoying them as much as I expected. Love the design, but is a wet writer good or bad?

Your girls "dresses" are very nice.

Could you unveil more of them, so we can better appreciate their qualities and talents?

Tell us more.

Such as:

- How do they sweep the "paperfloor"?

- What kind of nibs are they wearing?

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Okay, I inked all three and am in something of two minds about them now. The red stripe cap is a little springy in the nib (not much) and the green striped cap is much more springy, and both are very wet writers using Diamine inks. The gold cap pen is an absolute nail, very fine, and writes quite dry but I don't mind that so much.

I dunno. I'm just not enjoying them as much as I expected. Love the design, but is a wet writer good or bad?

The answer is "it depends."

A wet writer can be good or bad, depending on the ink you use and the effect you want.

Some people want shading and sheen, and with some inks, you need a wet pen to get that effect.

Other inks can pool and feather if the pen is too wet.

Try switching to Pelikan ink to see it that slows down the ink flow.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Yeah, I don't have acces to Pelikan ink (back of beyond out here!). I have one bottle of PR, a load of Diamines, one bottle of J. Herbin, and one bottle of Lamy Black. I put the Lamy in one pen and it seems to be better regulated though still quite wet.

I'm inclined to chuck these back at eBay quite frankly. Beautiful to look at but not suiting my writing... pity.