Dream Brands

Kuscer

Hi everyone!

Some of my friends have all just been all like ''I can't just go with different brands, I have to mind my dream brand and then buy all their pens!'' I personally think you don't like one brand, you like different models. Have you ever found your dream brand?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• Kuscer

• Christi0469

• Huskysibe

I don't have a dream brand however I do like certain brands

If I was to think of one it would be Yard O Led as there pens are stunning. Also I like how a lot of there pens are hand made.

Purely Based on Experience

Parker

Pelikan

rotring

Sheaffer

There are also brands I hope to try

Diplomat

Edison

Waterman

Edited by The Blue Knight

No dream brand{s}..but I only speak for me self...of course ymmv.....

Fred

All I have To Do is

Dream, dream , dream , dream

Dream, dream , dream , dream

Right now my Dream brand is Sailor. I want one so bad for various reasons. One being they are apparently superb writers and the second may sound silly to some but its very serious to me. I am a Navy Chief, our insignia is an anchor and it has very deep meaning. Sailor has an anchor on their nibs and their company logo is an anchor.

Pilot Fanboy. I see no wrong in them.

It works out of the box. One time I decided to not wash it and I plugged in the free cart they gave. It started up just fine. No fuss. No fussing. It just works.

Edited by Icywolfe

#Nope

Right now my Dream brand is Sailor. I want one so bad for various reasons. One being they are apparently superb writers and the second may sound silly to some but its very serious to me. I am a Navy Chief, our insignia is an anchor and it has very deep meaning. Sailor has an anchor on their nibs and their company logo is an anchor.

Chief..consider searching for an older Sailor 1911 large flat top cap with anchor embedded in cap top.

Check out post # 7 https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/199792-a-good-look-at-sailors-with-anchor-logo-on-top-of-cap/?p=2534519

By the way....

Welcome Aboard! Enjoy your time here.

Fred

I`m a bit partial to a couple long extinct brands but other than that, nope.

I`m all for diversity. There cannot be a single brand which covers it all for me.

There you go.

I`m a bit partial to a couple long extinct brands but other than that, nope.

I`m all for diversity. There cannot be a single brand which covers it all for me.

There you go.

I feel exactly the same

Life's too short to stick with one brand. It's difficult to know what you'll like until you try it.

On the other hand I just got my first Nakaya, and I'm a huge fan. But even then, it's not like I want to save up and only get Nakaya's from now on... My next pen will probably be a vintage wet noodle and then who knows...

David Oscarson, Atelier Simoni, Guiseppe Orso, Oldwin, Astoria and Grayson Tighe which are far out of my reach

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

1. My dream is a music nib, irrespective of the brand.

2. Then I have in mind certain Edison pens.

3. This dream is rather illogical: I want a montblanc "Noblesse oblige" - not because it's a Montblanc. Not because the pen writes well (I read in a rewiew here that it's a rather ordinary writer), no, I just love the expression "noblesse oblige", especially as the name for a pen model. It fascinates me, besides, I love French. So... :D

But I'd be bored to have all pens of one brand only.

The cat in my profile picture is a painting by Oxana Zaika.

My dream brand is also Sailor; all those specialty nibs. . . not to mention the most reliable and consistent writing experiences that I've ever had with their normal nib lineup.

I don't know if I have a dream brand. Noodler's is probably my favorite brand, and it's the only brand where I own one of each model (not one of each color).

I like a selection of pens from different manufacturers.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

Well, I have more Parkers than any other individual brand. But I have about a dozen Esterbrooks, a few Pelikans, 3 Sheaffer Snorkels (plus a calligraphy set in which I'm missing one), 7 Noodler's pens (Konrads and FPCs), and several random other brands (both new and vintage, of which the most recent acquisition is a sterling silver overlay Morrison ringtop that needs a new sac).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I think one should have a selection of top brands, vintage in they have the better nib, better balance and are afforadable.

If you only go one brand you miss everything else.

I have Geha, Osmia, along with Pelikan and MB.

I have no names just as good.

I have Parker and Sheaffer....not as many as if I lived in the States.

I have a vintage Waterman 52....had I decided just to collect Parkers....that would never happen.

Then there are all those second tier pens, Esterbrook, Wahl-eversharp, even some Wearevers, not counting something like a Moore...

Get a list of good to grand pens pulled from the Com. Carry it with you, incase you trap one in the wild.

Most important is what do you want the nib to do. Does that brand do that, has it done in decades. Parker is nailish since the '30's.

Pelikan has some flex (not "Flex" pens) up to 1965....very nice springy true regular flex from '82/3-97....nothing worth having new...unless you want a nail....800 or a big pen the 1000.

I do suggest the 200 as having a good true regular flex nib.

Many modern pens only have semi-nail nibs instead of the old fashioned regular flex....so BP & RB cross overs don't bend the nib....in the company don't want to insult them by putting how to hold a fountain pen, instead of using blobby hold it like a ball point nibs.

Each pen company has it's classics one 'needs' to own. A Parker Vac, P-51, P-75....Sheaffer Touchdown, Snorkel (New Balance later), Targa. Pelikan pre 97 400.....a modern 600 with a '50's nib. A 2xx level MB.

Swan with some flex to the nib. You do need a Waterman or two and so on.

You have the rest of your life....don't get caught up with owning all 48 versions of the P-51.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I did. After nearly 30 years of buying or trying many, many different brands - and liking many of them - I can say that Nakaya is my favorite brand. I still like other brands, but I prefer using my Nakayas and a couple of non-Nakayas. It was a long journey to this point, and I wasn't trying to find a favorite brand, but here I am.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I used to be all-Waterman all the time for a very long time - it was what spoke to me, the Carene was what I dreamt of, and I since have one, but like someone here said, our time on this planet is too short to not discover what other brands bring to the table. A friend turned me onto Japanese pens and they feature heavily in my daily arsenal of pens but I do have a top 3 of pens to own

1) MB 149 (because the 146 really does it for me and I gravitate towards pens that look like that

2) a Nakaya Naka-ai Cigar in either black or reddish brown (because the 3776 Chartres Blue)

3) Waterman Edson - most likely in Saphire Blue because I have wanted since I saw it released.

The strange part is that I don't see myself going out to get any one this year - I seem to be in a strange place where I am (more than) happy with my current set and that in itself is a dream I have long had - of being in that "zone"

My pen collection ranges far and wide, and I like it that way.

However... I do have an awful lot of Sheaffers: Balance, Triumph, Imperial, Targa, even a couple of star-crossed Intrigues.