2015 San Francisco Pen Show Is Now Official. August 28Th-August 30Th, 2015

ac12

repost from FPGeeks:

The 2015 San Francisco Pen Show is now booked!

The show will return to the absolutely fabulous Sofitel San Francisco Bay Hotel.

The dates are August 28th to August 30th, 2015.

We will have more details and information in the coming weeks.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ac12

• EclecticCollector

• zaddick

• itsallkg

Tell your friends about it.

The more people come, the better it will be the next year.

www.SFPenShow.com

Can't wait to read the details! I hope they're able to get more exhibitors to commit, and a larger room to host it in.

Can't wait to read the details! I hope they're able to get more exhibitors to commit, and a larger room to host it in.

The ballroom that was used IS the largest room in the hotel, and we did not use the entire room.

There was an empty section of the ballroom that was not used this year, that will likely be used next year for more vendors. And if we get even more vendors than will fit in the ballroom, there is room to expand.

This year was a restart of the SF Pen Show, with a new crew.

The more people come, the more vendors will come. I think the number of people who came this year will get us more vendors next year. It is a numbers game, the vendors want more people to sell to, so the more people we can get to come, the more the show becomes attractive to the vendors.

If you have vendors that you deal with, urge them to go to the SF Pen Show. If the vendor's customers are asking them to go to the show, it has more weight than the show's organizers asking them to come.

BTW, join us at the next SF Pen Posse meetup in Millbrae whenever it is called. Watch for a post here in the Club section.

You can join up with one of the teams for next year's show.

www.SFPenShow.com

Oh, I'd love to come to a pen posse, but it's difficult making the drive up right now on account of a newborn. :) Maybe in a few months.

I know several vendors that would have come this year if it hadn't been so soon after the DC show.

Oh, I'd love to come to a pen posse, but it's difficult making the drive up right now on account of a newborn. :) Maybe in a few months.

I know several vendors that would have come this year if it hadn't been so soon after the DC show.

Sure, join us when you can. We have plenty of time before next August.

Yes the close timing with the DC show this year was unfortunate.

Pendemonium came, but they did not display. They were too worn out after driving back from DC to Arizona to do another show so soon.

www.SFPenShow.com

Even though we didn't exhibit at this year's SF Pen Show, Frank and I had a great time just wandering around talking to people and buying lots of pens. I even had fun helping out at the registration desk. This show had a great vibe to it. It's hard to explain, but when you go to as many pen shows as we do, you know when there is electricity in the air - people are having a good time, they're not running around frantic, they're not complaining, they're just enjoying being with fellow pen people and getting totally into the pen scene. SF nailed it this year. Good job.

Definitely want tables for 2015 :)

Sam

I strongly agree with what Sam wrote about the atmospherics. There were many contributing factors, but the organizers should take lots of the credit. I liked the hotel. The jellyfish convention in the lagoon didn't interfere with the Pen Show in the ballroom, which was a good thing. The geese in the grass were rather negligent about cleaning up after themselves, but, if you watched where you stepped ... <ahem!> ... Okay ... Well ... Forget it.

I would hope that the positive reviews by both vendors and others would bring in more vendors who might have been skeptical about a show without a track record. I'm putting the 2015 show in my Calendar right now! (And starting a shopping list.)

David