Unidentified Silver Etched Fountainpen

Gkatona3

I am trying to identify this pen that was give to me as a gift. It has absolutely no markings on it that I can find. It is very beautiful and I would love to identify it and include it in my personal pen catalog.

post-110584-0-67442600-1410892358.jpg

post-110584-0-28376100-1410892359.jpg

post-110584-0-88814500-1410892359.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Icywolfe

• ANM

• Freddy

• lahlahlaw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice looking pen, bit international Duofold looking to me although I know it is not.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Is it marked silver or is it just silver colored? Nib and length info and a better look at the clip, and ends would possible be a help.

Edited by ANM

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time. TS Eliot

I thought the etching looked good, a better class of it.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

What sort of fill system does it have? You may be able to at least narrow down a date range.

And you say there's no markings on it at all? That seems odd (although there are a lot of no-name pens out there).

I have a couple of Morrison overlay ring tops -- one gold filled (which has a design similar to the Waterman that lahlahlaw showed the pix of) and one sterling overlay (solid with engraved designs) and both of them are clearly marked Morrison on the lever and nib, and both are marked for the metal content as well. Morrison is sort of considered third-tier, I think, but both of them are obviously well made and good quality pens -- I don't know yet how the silver one will write because I have to replace the sac, but the other one is a very juicy M or B nib.

Does the pen appear to be silver or stainless? I can't tell from the photos.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I don't think it looks old. The clip and the back end are clues to that. The 'etching' isn't really an etching but rather an embossing. I don't think it is silver either. I will bet it has a C/C filler system and a 'Germany' nib.

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time. TS Eliot

Nice looking pen, bit international Duofold looking to me although I know it is not.

Yeah, it does look like a Duofold.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

Strange that the OP has not answered, while he/she has been online yesterday.

Looking at that "overlay" I would think it is NOT an overlay. In that case the black base barrel would show between the cut-outs. But it also shows "silvery". Also the junction between the cap end and "overlay" and barrel end and overlay is too smooth. Almost certainly that barrel and cap are made of one piece with that ornamentation cut out.... or pressed in? Looking at the cap, there are some rough edges to one of the flower stems, that would be strange for manual work by an artisan. Sloppy.. So I think it is pressed/molded. Possibly even plastic with a metal sheen.

On the pics by the OP no fillingsystem to be seen. So it would be either a piston or something like that, or a C/C, as has been said above.

Ofcourse better pictures in more detail, with details about nib, clip and fillingsystem could change my above ideas...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

OP has posted the question too in a long running topic in the Waterman Forum. Daniel (Kirchh) suggested it MAY be a Laban.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~