God Bless The Usps

Freshink

I recently purchased a pen on ebay. The seller shipped it "Expedited Shipping" last week.

I'm tracking the pen....keep in mind I'm in Washington state...

The pen started it's travels in Tennessee...one would think it would head west...no.

The next update showed the pen to be in Rochester, New York, and that was a couple days ago.

I just checked, and it is now in Springfield, Mass.

Feel free to wave if it passes through your state. :)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• DrCodfish

• gweimer1

• Freshink

Top Posters In This Topic

I opted for text updates of some items. I'm happy to say that the pen that arrived to me last Saturday has successfully processed somewhere in NY, as of this morning. ;)

Living in a very rural part of your very same WA state I rely heavily on USPS. Almost all of my transactions which come to me via USPS have been equal to or better than the service I have recievdd via commercial carriers. There was that one time thihg when I purchased a large (HEAVY!) dough mixer in Georgia, which went from there to Chicago, then to WA State, then to Cali, and then finally back here to me. Oveall, USPS track record has been very good for me. Plus, often times our post mistress will hand me out a package through the little freight door, on Saturday mornings while she is sorting mail intot he boxes, even though the counter is not open on Saturdays, Sundays, or week days after 4:30. Hee in Small vville, our post mistress does her best to provide quality customer service (I think she gets a kick out of the stamps on the little boxes from around the world.)

Yep. Tracking is fun. Sometimes they scan and sometimes they doesn't. I like the ones that get scanned at the office in Filanjee, Wis, then no word, until they wind up at the door 3 days later :P .

I live near what used to be called a "Sectional Center Facility" (a major office that receives all mail for the first 3 numbers of a zip). I usually get First Class mail from the east coast 1 day after it's mailed. Fast service going the other way, too. Trouble with that was that I could mail a check to a company in NY on the same day I deposited my paycheck here in CA at the bank, and the check would hit the bank before my paycheck cleared. :o

Best Regards
Paul

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
– Albert Einstein

They must be taking lessons from UPS. A storm knocked out my cable box, and the cable company had to send a replacement. The package originated in my city in Texas, so what did they do? They sent the box to the airport, flew it to Kentucky, flew it back to the airport and THEN delivered it to me. Apparently they shipped the box via "2nd Day" and anything shipped that way HAS to go through the hub in Kentucky. Must be why my cable bill is so high ... they fly the equipment all over the country for no apparent reason.

:gaah:

"Don't be humble, you're not that great." Golda Meir

A pen I got recently on Ebay was from a seller in a different state from where the item was shipped from. Dunno if it was a case where the item was previously bought and then immediately relisted, or what. It did come in a relatively timely fashion though.

I do like getting the tracking status emails, once I get the tracking number for something I've bought or won, if for no other reason than I get impatient otherwise (wish I had a tracking number for the CD I bought on Amazon a week and a half ago -- it's coming from Austria and the ETA was between September 25 and October 16 :gaah:; there's a part of me going "hey maybe it will come on my birthday" and another part going "the thing will probably take the full six weeks... :wallbash:")

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Fun... I had one pen arrive sort of like that, but it was coming into the country from another country. And usually the only time I seen some serious detour is if there was major storm patterns going on.

PS: God Bless Flat Rate Shipping... it if fits, it ships. :P

fpn_1410920245__usps_cat.jpg

Edited by KBeezie

Amen about flat rate shipping. How I wish that Canada Post did something like that up here. Our postal rates are not subsidized any more and it is cheaper for me to send something from Ontario down to the US than out to British Columbia. Feh!

Fun... I had one pen arrive sort of like that, but it was coming into the country from another country. And usually the only time I seen some serious detour is if there was major storm patterns going on.

I wonder how many selfies were taken with this cute package!

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

:lticaptd:

Also known as "I has a box...."

Or possibly "I iz a box...."

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."