How Many Inked?

kharrisma

Hi All,

How many Esties do you have inked up at any one time? All six of mine are inked in matching colors at the moment, as well as seven others of various non-Esterbook persuasions. It's a labor of love to have to write something with each of 'em daily to keep 'em primed and ready to go. My moods change so frequently, I feel the need to have a lot of different inks on hand and ready to go.

My collection is small enough that each bottle if ink I have has a pen dedicated to it, but that state of affairs probably won't last too much longer at the rate I'm adding to the collection. Such a problem to have :)

Edited by kharrisma

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pajaro

• ac12

• injesticate

• northlodge

Two, a red Phaeton fine and a blue Safari pump filler with a 9312 italic.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

2 also; both LJs.

#1 with Cross/Pelikan black, #2 with Cross/Pelikan blue

I have other pens for my other inks.

But I still try to limit the number of pens that are inked, as I have had pens dry out on me too much.

So for my lesser used inks, I pull out my dip pen to use them.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Only 1,

but I only ever have a maximum of three on rotation at a time.

(always a Parker 51, currently sitting with a Wyvern 101 in black leather, and a Copper J with a 2314 M nib)

I typically have a minimum of 2 inked with a maximum of 5 at any one time. I typically a match the color to the barrel. I always have a red and green inked as I use them for checklists at work.

What evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Shadow knows!

• 2 weeks later...

Only 1,

but I only ever have a maximum of three on rotation at a time.

(always a Parker 51, currently sitting with a Wyvern 101 in black leather, and a Copper J with a 2314 M nib)

One Esterbrook at a time for me, but Northlodge's note gives me an idea, perhaps I need to have fewer pens in rotation (currently from 7 to 12 (thereabouits) and actualy 'rotate' the rotation more frequently.

One black J with a 9556 and a copper J with a stub. Cleaning the rest up for static display.

Rarely use anything except extra fine any more. A P51 vac demi does most of that for my medications log.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Right now, it's three. My two regulars - Estie Trans J Elect-a-Point 120, and the Dollar Pen 9461

The other is an Estie SJ 9668 that I'm getting ready to sell. By next week, I should have a couple more inked and ready.

• 4 weeks later...

So, as of this post - 22 Esties are inked ... not counting mine. I washed out Esties today, but last week, I had more than 6 inked.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I have 5 more Esterbrooks inked right now, but those are inked only to test the pen and nibs to make sure everything works as it should.

These 5 are gift pens, so don't really count as ones own pens.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

I have 4 Js inked.

Two in use at work (A blue quasi-icicle with Waterman Mysterious Blue/Montblanc Mystery Black ink 10:1 ratio, and a grey with Aurora Black)

Two at home are a blue and a green both with Montblanc Mystery Black.

I have all four of my Esties inked, plus three others. Two of the seven are black, but all the Esties are black. I just won two more on the 'bay, so that may change.

I must have been drinking when I typed that...

At present, 3 Esties inked: Midway Blue, Dragon's Napalm, some odd blue, one that will shortly be inked in black.