Vote For Your Favorite Pen

Kuscer

Hi everyone!

I have started this topic so that everyone can express their opinion in voting for the most beloved pen ever! The votes will be counted in 30 days. Please click the link below to vote.

May the best pen win! :D

Kind regards,

Dingan

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/app/showpoll.asp?qid=534796&sid=kex5eadv9sy2wcx534796&new=True

Edited by FP189

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuscer

• Brian K

• Polanova

• OakIris

6 options then other? I think it's safe to assume "other" will get the most votes. A meaningless exercise.

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

6 options then other? I think it's safe to assume "other" will get the most votes. A meaningless exercise.

um...let me explain because you so very nicely asked me to

The 6 options were based on my previous thread on this subject which I posted before I knew what a poll was (yeah I should of known but I've never really used one before) and ''other'' is actually a text field where you type your favorite pen if it isn't on the list.

Agree. The six brands named seem to me an extreme case of subjectivity.

Agree. The six brands named seem to me an extreme case of subjectivity.

Please read above, I already explained

Edited by FP189

um...let me explain because you so very nicely asked me to

The 6 options were based on my previous thread on this subject which I posted before I knew what a poll was (yeah I should of known but I've never really used one before) and ''other'' is actually a text field where you type your favorite pen if it isn't on the list.

Sorry my tone was dismissive, but I do think that the poll will yield little useful information. Not only is it very open ended the choice of your "favorite" is quite subjective. 99% of the respondents could say the P51 is their favorite pen and the other 1% would say "pfffft, daft, the lot of them." It MIGHT be a bit more reliable if you could get a large enough chunk of the membership to respond. As it is, I guess you 'll be lucky to get 100 responses. I hope I'm wrong, bur I am afraid I' m not. Edited by Brian K

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

I don't yet have a favorite pen, or even a favorite pen manufacturer, but I must agree that the choices given are very limited and limiting. Boil down the hundreds of fountain pen models in the world, past and present, to only 6? :o I don't envy whoever has to tally up the "other" choices, should there be a lot of response.

Holly

Sorry my tone was dismissive, but I do think that the poll will yield little useful information. Not only is it very open ended the choice of your "favorite" is quite subjective. 99% of the respondents could say the P51 is their favorite pen and the other 1% would say "pfffft, daft, the lot of them." It MIGHT be a bit more reliable if you could get a large enough chunk of the membership to respond. As it is, I guess you 'll be lucky to get 100 responses. I hope I'm wrong, bur I am afraid I' m not.

thanks for that last bit :)

BTW, did you vote for the Aurora 88 modern?

I don't yet have a favorite pen, or even a favorite pen manufacturer, but I must agree that the choices given are very limited and limiting. Boil down the hundreds of fountain pen models in the world, past and present, to only 6? :o I don't envy whoever has to tally up the "other" choices, should there be a lot of response.

Holly

Holly,

I had a previous thread on this subject before I knew what a poll was :rolleyes: and the 6 options are based on the most popular pens in that thread.

Regards, Dingan

Just an FYI. Do a quick search on FPN for example for "Favorite Pen" or "Best Pen of All Time" and in a fraction of a second you'll get pages of listings of threads. Some won't be applicable I admit (the simple search engine also grabs inks, papers for example) but you won't lack for abundant points of view over years of the forum. And that's with only two permutations of the question....

Thought you might be interested.

Moshe ben David

"Behold, He who watches over Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps!"

Just an FYI. Do a quick search on FPN for example for "Favorite Pen" or "Best Pen of All Time" and in a fraction of a second you'll get pages of listings of threads. Some won't be applicable I admit (the simple search engine also grabs inks, papers for example) but you won't lack for abundant points of view over years of the forum. And that's with only two permutations of the question....

Thought you might be interested.

thanks, will do.

Sorry, didn`t realize your new post at time of writing :blush:

that's OK. I was expecting people to misunderstand this new thread.

Edited by FP189

thanks for that last bit :)

BTW, did you vote for the Aurora 88 modern?

LOL - fat chance of that. I can not afford that pen.

When I was young and foolish (and had more money) I paid $279 for a 149 - best $279 I ever spent. Despite that I am not sure I would say firmly and without doubt that it's my favorite. Not sure I could pick a favorite. Different pens have my affections for different reasons.

LOL - fat chance of that. I can not afford that pen.

When I was young and foolish (and had more money) I paid $279 for a 149 - best $279 I ever spent. Despite that I am not sure I would say firmly and without doubt that it's my favorite. Not sure I could pick a favorite. Different pens have my affections for different reasons

True that, but lots of people have favorites (I already got 22 votes in 2 days' time). I'm sure you're very satisfied with your 149. I've been drooling over one for years :/

Edited by FP189

You're up to at least 23 votes. Did strike me as an unusual set of choices - both narrow and very specific - but I understand the reference to an earlier thread.

I voted for my Parker Sonnet F nib.

I always use that pen and I love it.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene