• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• KBeezie

• Notgatherox

• londonbooks

Top Posters In This Topic

It is an "old-style" pre-1997 Blue Marbled M200 with gold plated stainless steel medium nib. Looks to be all original. Introduced in 1985. Doesn't look to be in too bad a shape overall. I wonder if the spots on the furniture would polish out.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

It is an "old-style" pre-1997 Blue Marbled M200 with gold plated stainless steel medium nib. Looks to be all original. Introduced in 1985. Doesn't look to be in too bad a shape overall. I wonder if the spots on the furniture would polish out.

Thanks - right now I am high bidder but I'm not going any higher and I don't think this bid will win.

Just adding another "I concur" to the M200 possibility, looks nearly identical to my M250 (Except mine is all black, and has a 14K Nib instead of the Steel that comes on the M200, I think the nib was the only diff between the M200 and M250).

Just a question for the other respondents, is '97 when they switched from the 2 chick to 1 chick on the cap logo? Or is there some other kind of tell-tell sign about being pre-97?

Just adding another "I concur" to the M200 possibility, looks nearly identical to my M250 (Except mine is all black, and has a 14K Nib instead of the Steel that comes on the M200, I think the nib was the only diff between the M200 and M250).

Just a question for the other respondents, is '97 when they switched from the 2 chick to 1 chick on the cap logo? Or is there some other kind of tell-tell sign about being pre-97?

Joshua's site has the full information about being pre or post 97, I shall just list what I remember here (IIRC, I may be wrong!)

Pre 1997 had an engraved dome, and two cap rings. There was no ring over the pen's piston.

Post 1997 had a painted dome, one cap ring and a ring over the pen's piston.

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

Thanks - right now I am high bidder but I'm not going any higher and I don't think this bid will win.

This pen in NOS condition has averaged around $100 from what I've seen in past shows/auctions. Sometimes less, sometimes more but that is a reasonable average. Of course, there is always a chance to snag a deal here and there.

1997 was a year for trim change but not logo change. The logo had 2 chicks up until 2003.

I detail all of the above with illustrations on the site linked in my signature if you're interested. Look for "Dating a Pelikan" in The Aviary section of the site.

Joshua's site has the full information about being pre or post 97, I shall just list what I remember here (IIRC, I may be wrong!)

Pre 1997 had an engraved dome, and two cap rings. There was no ring over the pen's piston.

Post 1997 had a painted dome, one cap ring and a ring over the pen's piston.

You have a good memory Notgatherox. The only correction I'd make is that Post-97 pens have a painted CROWN cap top and not a dome. The derby style (dome) cap top was a distinguishing feature of pre-'97 pens which was replaced by the crown in 97. Otherwise, the cap bands and piston rings are reported correctly. Thanks for checking out the site.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

This pen in NOS condition has averaged around $100 from what I've seen in past shows/auctions. Sometimes less, sometimes more but that is a reasonable average. Of course, there is always a chance to snag a deal here and there.

1997 was a year for trim change but not logo change. The logo had 2 chicks up until 2003.

I detail all of the above with illustrations on the site linked in my signature if you're interested. Look for "Dating a Pelikan" in The Aviary section of the site.

You have a good memory Notgatherox. The only correction I'd make is that Post-97 pens have a painted CROWN cap top and not a dome. The derby style (dome) cap top was a distinguishing feature of pre-'97 pens which was replaced by the crown in 97. Otherwise, the cap bands and piston rings are reported correctly. Thanks for checking out the site.

No problem! Thanks for your site Joshua, very informative and helps a fan like me know more about my favourite brand! Thanks for making my life as a fan much easier! :notworthy1:

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

Interesting. Guess my M250 is probably 92-96. It's got "Germany" on the cap band, even though the box I got it in, mentions W.-Germany (But it's not on the cap band). Originally thought it was earlier cuz of the box (which was probably just in surplus).